Standalone Throttle for XBOX

Does anyone knows if a standalone throttle device for XBOX exists?
All I saw so far need to be bound to a XBOX compatible yoke. Currently I am using a Turtle Beach Velocityone Flightstick. But the throttles on that stick are so small, therefore I am looking for a dedicated throttle. For PC there are a lot of standalone throttle available. But I really could not find any for the XBOX, that does not need another device from the same manufacturer.

Unfortunately, Xbox controllers are licensed with a chip, so the Xbox can see them. This means, to be recognized, each controller must have it’s own chip, which would be very expensive. That’s why peripheral manufacturers tend to link throttles, rudder pedals, etc, through the yoke/stick/wheel.

I also heard, somewhere… a very long time ago, that the Xbox can only accept one control type at a time per game, e.g. 1 Xbox controller, 1 keyboard, 1 mouse, 1 yoke, etc; but while I’m fairly sure that’s not true I can’t quite rule it out either.

ATM, I don’t know of any stand-alone throttle units for the Xbox. But remember that the Turtle Beach VelocityOne Flightstick has TWO extra USB connections, one’s almost certainly for rudder pedals and the others for… ??? A future throttle unit maybe? Hopefully!

Although, I have thought about hooking up the Saitek/Logitech stand-alone quadrant to my V1 Flightstick, just to see if it might work, because it’s only a simple ‘button & axis’ type controller and may work. After all Honeycombe said their XPC yoke & hub would work with other manufacturers pedals.

Anyway, I’m sure someone’s thinking about a stand-alone throttle… How about it Turtle Beach? Give us Flightstick owners something to look forward to.

Sorry I couldn’t give you better news, but maybe someone else on here will have a better answer for us.

But still, thanks for your reply.
Yes, I also hope that turtle beach is coming up with a throttle matching their flight stick.

I also have a PC and there I have a honeycomb yoke and throttle. But both from the first, initial series, so as far as I read those are also not compatible with that xbox hub that honeycomb has developed later on. And also some nice VKB Sim Rudder Pedals. But sadly nothing is working on the XBOX.

1 Like

Hello. I m using a Thrustmaster Hotas one.throttle and joystick. Works great.

Rich

On no issues at all!

I can confirm that you can have both a Turtle Beach velocity one yoke and flight stick connected at the same time. I have done so. Initially, the rudders did not work with the stick, so I left the yoke plugged in and just set it aside so that I could use the rudder pedals and the stick.

By the way, the problem turned out to be the cable between the stick and the pedals. I opened a ticket with Turtle Beach and they sent me a USB cable that worked. I don’t know why the one I had did not. It’s just a normal USB cable as far as I can see, other than the opening for the plug in the flight stick is very small. Perhaps I wasn’t getting it plugged in far enough.

Hi, but I am not looking for another joystick and the Thrustmaster Hotas One is also not an option for me because I am left handed an that stick is only usable in the right hand.

Ok, sorry. Misunderstood comment.
Add me if you like. Fly together.

Rich

Hi, but I do not want to by the Velocity Yoke only to be able to use the throttles which are connected to it. That is why I was asking for a standalone throttle. Sadly Turtle Beach has not (yet) created a throttle that is made for their velocityone flight stick.
On the PC all those hardware stuff is so much easier. But I need something for my xbox x.

Amazon has a Thrustmaster TCA throttle quadrant compatible. With Xbox X