Startup

The simulator stops at startup screen (rotating circle lower right corner). This is a default installation that has been running for a couple of months with no problems. This simulator has no add on, no modifications to standard setup, and only one purpose — MSFS 2020. The PC is an High end Origin purchased 2 months ago so drivers and associated software should be up to date. There has been no issues what so ever, the app just simply does not connect… The app will not start under Xbox or admin rights! The only add on is a few thousand in hardware, not counting PC. We are absolutely lost here. This is not a gaming box.

Of course you know the first reply is always to find out what you have and haven’t tried so far.
How much ram do you have in the rig?
There is a simconnect issue that will do just that, or CTD with 16 gig users (with that much in hardware, I suspect you are good in that respect though)

One starting point is to empty any and all content from your community folder.
Add-on mods liveries and sceneries have been known to cause this.

I can’t imagine it is hardware related, but you should disconnect those and prove that it isn’t.

There are some very good articles in the “support” section at the top of each page to start with solving this “looping start” issue.

Let us know how you make out.

This is a straight up install— no add-on mods, no changes to the app since install. All hardware appears to be working so perhaps it is a loading issue with something. This has the 1.51 Citation mod that was needed to get the aircraft performing properly. 64 Gig ram, GTX 3090, clocked at 4.2. Has been running app smooth on high settings. This is a full Longitude sim that has been working? I will try removing files under community folder. Puzzling

It certainly can be.
Stick with it.
Lots of help available in here.
Keep us posted after you try the comm. folder thing!

Hi RobustRichey- I had exactly the same issue today - ran some windows and os updates, and all working fine now…

Thanks,

I will up Win 10 also? We did just add the electrical systems hardware On lower panel and added some new USB assignments. Wish I could ping the MSFS server

Hi @RobustRichey,
I’ve edited your first post. The reason the template is there is to ask questions about your issues so that users who help you do not have to ask them. :wink:

Eliminate everything that didn’t come with the sim.
Any and all hardware and software.

It is not hard to add it again, and then you know for sure.
If it works, add it back bit by bit.

WIndows 10 update cleared this thing up? I get regular updates so this is still puzzling. Thanks Sevenflyer

Thanks for the tip Had it not been mentioned about the update, the sim would have been down until I did the regular update!

Page, thanks to you For suggesting this. Perhaps I may be able to help one of you?

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: CTD on load when internet is connected - No CTD when no internet

No doubt some day you will.
That is what this forum is all about!!

First you say you don’t have any mods, then you say you have a mod :slight_smile:

I had an issue a long while ago during alpha where it wouldn’t go beyond that first start up screen.
What fixed it for me was to uninstall the small around 1.3 gb flight sim app from the Microsoft store then re-install it, it loaded straight up after.
uninstalling this app will not mean you have to redownload the sim.

1 Like