State of Aerosoft CRJ

I really like the CRJ i bought it when it went on sale and via YouTube got up and running very quickly. I just wish the cockpit door opened and you could walk around the cabin mid flight :slight_smile:

Itā€™s a fun jet to fly. Makes you work much harder due to the lack of autothrottle but in some ways, itā€™s much easier. The simplicity of the cockpit systems is amazing, especially compared to a dinosaur like the 737. Just wish Aerosoft cared enough to fix the remaining issues with this jet. Unfortunately, they donā€™t seem to give a ā– ā– ā– ā– .

3 Likes

No real issues for me. I fly it quite a bit.

I love flying it too, really enjoyed the last few weeks doing flights with this after having a break from the 738.

I do belive AS are looking at doing a update from a thread I read on here or somewhere elseā€¦

I just hopeā€¦ for the sake of not seeing ā€œinopā€ stickersā€¦ that the weather radar is implemented on all aircraft

1 Like

I have found the ILS a bit fiddly especially doing multiple flights in one sittingā€¦ but apart from thatā€¦ shes a little beauty to fly

2 Likes

Has anyone setup any custom views lately? Pulled the CRJ out of the hanger after a long time away on the Fenix. Was able to get back up to speed quickly but custom views arenā€™t working like I remembered or Iā€™m doing something wrongā€¦I opened the camera file and changed the default viewpoint from -21 to like -61. Saved and launched the sim. Now my default view is in the cabin. Saved some wing views then exited out of the flight and sim. Changed the -61 back to -21 and relaunched. Pretty much how I remembered doing it beforeā€¦

Anyways, after launching the sim and a flight again, Iā€™m back to my default cockpit view but when I try my earlier saved custom views, they just move me around the cockpitā€¦Not the views I had saved earlierā€¦Any ideas on what Iā€™m doing wrong here or have things changed in the way you create and save custom views?

The CRJ will get a big update in Summer, Navigraph/Simbrief implementation and a model update, it will get a cabin!

7 Likes

Thatā€˜s rather specific. Where are you getting this from? I know Aerosoft is planning to do a round of updates after Hans has finished working on the ATR, but no further detail what that update will contain has been given, hasnā€˜t it?

Doing a big update including a model update doesnā€˜t sound very Aerosoft like I must say.

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t care about simbrief or navigraph or the cabin as long as they donā€™t fix the bugs in the flight management and autopilotā€¦ I think those should be priority number 1ā€¦

4 Likes

It is, thats part of the big update.
The SDK is complete now and development is less timeconsuming compared to how it was back then when the CRJ was released. So i guess we can expect quite an overhaul of AP n stuff.

1 Like

I hope youā€™re right. Iā€™m still skeptical because I lost trust in aerosoft but Iā€™d be happy to be wrong on that one.

Given that the ATR has many of the same issues maybe theyā€™ll get fixed eventuallyā€¦

I found some info regarding these updates. Looks like Hans Hartman was on a podcast where he talked about some of this. Podcast is in German but somebody summarized here in English.

1 Like

Hans reply regarding the update & closing the thread, guess no update on 2023ā€¦:

Thanks for the eulogy. I guess, since apparently know more about the CRJ project than me, I can stop working now.

So, hereā€™s the deal: There is a major update in the works (free, of course). It will involve fixes to the LNAV and VNAV issues and stuff like Simbrief integration. There will be quite a few additional features, but these will not be published at this point. Same goes for a release date. There is none. The update will be released when we (PM, myself and the testing team) think that itā€™s ready for release.
Staff changes at Aerosoft do not affect the work on the CRJ in any way.
This is all for now.

1 Like

To be honest, that ā€œmajor updateā€ has been in the works for many months. Or so they sayā€¦ the last ā€œmajor updateā€ they pushed wasnā€™t very major after all, so my expectations remain rather low.

If it comes, great! if not, Iā€™ll continue flying something else. Plenty of options now, more than I have time to fly anyway.

1 Like

I somehow doubt that. Seems more like 100% abandonware for over a year now. But there is still hopeā€¦ maybe some day, maybeā€¦

This has been posted by Hans Hartmann in mid august. There is still hope. And the thread got closed after that, as usual.

ā€œSo, hereā€™s the deal: There is a major update in the works (free, of course). It will involve fixes to the LNAV and VNAV issues and stuff like Simbrief integration. There will be quite a few additional features, but these will not be published at this point. Same goes for a release date. There is none. The update will be released when we (PM, myself and the testing team) think that itā€™s ready for release. Staff changes at Aerosoft do not affect the work on the CRJ in any way. This is all for now.ā€

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl: in his last sentence, the way he ended it, especially in the context and the way that whole discussion came about regarding the lack of updates and that guy leaving etcā€¦

It really needed hans to say right at the endā€¦

ā€œThis is all for nowā€¦ Kapeesh!!!ā€

And he closed the thread :slight_smile:

No its not.

Hello,

I have a problem flying the Aerosoft CRJ700 on PC.

After take off the aircraft automatically pulls up quite strongly. With flaps 8Ā° and without any manual joystick-input the aircraft would fly from a level-position to a climb of more than 5Ā° within 5-6 seconds; after another 5-10 seconds the aircraft would stall. With pre-set trims (7.5) the only possibility to level the aircraft would be to strongly and constantly pull the aircraft manually down with my joystick. I tried several trim positions and only with trims around 2.0 - 1.8 (which seems very low) a more or less stable levelling of the aircraft and a relatively ā€œnormalā€ flight is possible.

The behavior occurs with all speeds (immediately after take off, during climb, with cruising speed), altitudes and flaps settings. I tried to prepare the aircraft from a COLD & DARK state (and setting all the relevant settings for Block Fuel, ZFWCG, etc. manually) and I tried to fly the pre-set aircraft directly from the runway. In both situations the same behavior occurs.

Interestingly, the problem only occurs with the Aerosoft CRJ700. I regularly fly the FBW A320NEO, the LatinVFR A319 and the stock Cessna Caravan and all three aircraft fly perfectly fine (even with pre-set trims).

Any idea why this only happens with the Aerosoft CRJ700 and what I could try to fix this issue?
Thanks!