Static Planes at Airports and more realistic Airport Atmosphere

On many small or Regional Airports you can find Static Planes for Example F/A-18s.
To me it makes no sense to see a Military Jet on a little Airfield like for example Courchevel.
It kind takes away much realism and i whould like to have a more realistic Atmosphere on the Airports. I’m wondering what other Players think about this.

2 Likes

Agree, in P3D and FSX you could set the parking type, and you can in MSFS too I think, but the AI seems to ignore it.

1 Like

Just disable auto generated traffic, that should get rid of any squatters like the F/A-18s. :grin:

yep… the game renders just static airplanes and the assumption is “we have a civilian sim” and so the game does not care about that the F18 is military. ( its only rendered what users own ).

But if we ignore the “military stuff” ( for which DCS would be a much better choice ) I seen also some airplanes which might be a bit un-common, e.g. Junkers. And that’s just the same thing - random static airplanes from what user own… I like to see at least “some life” on the airports and dont care to much about. I assume with the given data about the airplanes, the algorithm can not better decide what’s currently “common for a airport”.