Steam version + marketplace

Hi all,

I was able to figure out why my purchases always stuck on “Pending.” I had disabled the Steam Overlay. Going into Steam settings, re-enabling the Overlay then restarting the game fixed it. It now properly triggers the purchase flow when I buy something in-game.

Support was not even able to help me with this! Hope folks find it useful.

5 Likes

Was the purchase directly through Microsoft or did you get a Steam receipt? I read one Steam user say it reverted him to the steam transaction page he got a steam receipt when buying an addon which sounds weird considering its an MS marketplace.

Was the price of the addon(s) you purchased the same as the Windows Store MS marketplace? I read other users here saying they were being charged much higher prices with the steam version? It seems there is/was a bug causing the US price to be converted into the local price based on the exchange rate rather than localized pricing as per the Windows Store version. Is this now fixed?

Did you manage to purchase in your own local currency?
Thanks.

Yes, the transaction takes place through Steam if you’re using the Steam version. It was in my local currency. Don’t know the prices on MS Store vs. Steam so not able to compare.

May I ask you which addon you bought and what you paid for it in your local currency so I can compare with the Windows Store MS version pricing?

That would be very useful to compare if people are being charged higher in the marketplace through Steam (which would obviously be very bad business practice if the case). I am wondering are Steam taking a cut so MS charging a higher price for Steam users.

@SpiffyMarc

This really helped, thanks a lot !!

Enabling the steam overlay helped resolve this problem for me also. Thanks for the tip!

GUYS! Im using Windos Store version… Was finally able to purchase and download after starting the SIM via Xbox BETA. Dont know why, maybe some comm issue.

Very helpful, thank you.

I purchased London City airport through the market place. Steam pop-up came up to ‘authorize’ clicked that and it instantly purchased. But, the airport freezes after decompressing, sits on waiting and freezes the sim. I have to hard close the sim, then upon reloading MSFS it gets stuck on ‘checking for updates’

I have to delete the orbx-london-city folder from my \community\ folder, then the sim loads. I tried to get a refund but Steam refused it, said once you purchase and ‘download’ you own it, no refunds. I could of bought it through Orbx Central for $5 less, because i own if for X-plane 11, lesson learned.

But still have to get the airport working.

Just a question for you. When you initially purchased the M20R, you did that on a Gamepass version of MSFS. You then purchased the Steam version of MSFS and you no longer had access to the M20R, even though you were logged into the same Windows live account?