Steam with MSFS Marketplace Buy Problem purchase in progress few minutes

Steam with MSFS Marketplace Buy Problem purchase in progress longer few minutes

Hi Luis,
Does this give you an error?
Or does it do nothing?

Out of curiosity, if you check your Steam payment history, do you see a $12.99USD purchase?

same thing happening to me cant purchase anything.

1 Like

nevermind i figured it out. I had steam overlay disabled. Now i can purchase.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. But it automatically purchase failed. My Steam Overlay has turned on already. My Steam Wallet are enough to buy stuff in Marketplace

Try this,

Make sure steam overlay is turned on.

Run MSFS go into general settings > Data > turn off online data on the top. exit MSFS.

re-run MSFS, go back to Data and turn on online data again. see if that works.

The Marketplace is grey out for now, unless restart sim again

1 Like

Best to just avoid the Marketplace, especially if you are on Steam.

Asobo/Microsoft don’t and won’t provide any proof of purchase (which you will require in the event of something going wrong and a dispute with support)

This is not a bug, this is by design (zendesk support official response to my own dispute regarding this)

The Steam receipt does exist, but this is not itemized. It does not identify the module that you have purchased only that you have purchased “credits” for use for “in-game purchases” - Steam support are unable to assist with any dispute that happens after the purchase of these credits.

Microsoft also require “validation” of these modules every time you start the game in order for them to be available to you. - which explains why on occasion a user may discover that their add-on module is not in game. (Zendesk support official)

After the recent global Xbox validation server outages this really doesn’t inspire confidence.

Contrast this to the third party vendors from whom you can buy these same aircraft/sceneries etc.

You receive a proof of ownership receipt
The ability to re-download the module and often any developer updates are available sooner through their services (and in the case of the one I use most frequently there is an email notification that an update is ready for download.)
Having made that download you can store a local backup.
No validation issue from Xbox will make your purchase evaporate or be unusable.

It’s a no brainer really.

I just want to buy a CRJ 550/700 through Marketplace, because my friend gave money via Steam Wallet (those money are used already and not eligible to refund or charge back to his account) and now it always said Purchase Failed. So angry for this thing

Is Red Dead 2 still on sale on Steam?
Use the credit for that or any other game purchase from Steam (because you get an itemized proof of ownership receipt for those purchases)

Buy the CRJ direct from the Aerosoft store. They will give you a receipt and there will be a record of that transaction.

The CRJ is €50! Do you not want some sort of proof of ownership when you spend that kind of money?

I decided, I will buy CRJ on Aerosoft Shop and now I buy Premium Deluxe Upgrade, but still that error

Having this issue (Steam, Steam Overlay is turned On), I’m trying to buy the new Top Rudder Solo 103 but it stops on “Purchase In Progress”, left it for 30minutes and no change.
Pressing Shift + Tab does nothing (even though as above it’s Ticked in the games properties).

Having the same problem here too. Same plane.

My bad. Steam overlay was off.

1 Like

And as if by magic tonight it worked, nothing changed so no idea what was going on before.

I had the same problem with ‘Purchase In Progress’ hanging and not doing anything, and although most posts are trying to solve this there is no good one for all explanation, so here is the fix.

At top of Steam / Settings / In Game - put a check mark in the box to enable Steam Overlay.
Also you have to enable the same setting on the actual game. go to your MS Flight Sim on the game list in steam, Right Click and select Properties, you will see there is also an enable steam overlay here that needs checking too, once this is done, load game and you should be able to purchase from the market place.

5 Likes

You just solved this for me! I can’t believe it was disabled in the separate properties of the game. :man_facepalming:

Do you get a proof of purchase by now that mentions what you have actually bought if you buy in the Marketplace via Steam? Otherwise, you have nothing in your hands, should Microsoft’s database ever forget your purchase as someone already described above. I have stayed away from the Marketplace for that reason.

Same here, i still can’t make any purchases using my steam wallet with msfs 2020