SteppingBorders Project Pt. 1: Canada

SBP 1: Canada #014
Flight from Timmins (CYTS) to Carey Lake (CNX3).

1. Kapuskasing on the eastern shore of Kapuskasing River in Northern Ontario.

2. Large forest clearing near Bergsma Lake. There is a railway track running along the eastern side of the clearing.

3. A smaller creek joining Opasatika River near Opasatika (the long row of houses to the left).

4. A railway track (closer) and Highway 11 (further away) running parallel to each other between Opasatika and Mattice.

5. Taken south of Mattice (central background) with Missinabi River right in front of us.

6. Leaving Hearst behind us. Mattawishkwia River is running along the southern rim of the town.

Notes:

• Since LiveWeather was cloudy, stormy and snowy at the same time I decided to use this flight for playing a bit with the custom weather settings to create a nice looking snowy landscape without the clouds. I believe I managed it.
  • The sides of rivers and lakes are still green when using custom snow settings. I had to work much more with angling my shots to not show this immersion-breaking look.
  • This is our northernmost airfield so far! Before this leg it was Springdale in Newfoundland that held this title!