Stereoscopic View?

Just got an Oculus Quest 2 a few weeks ago. Have been trying to figure out VR with MSFS2020. I have Oculus app installed, Virtual Desktop - done all the turn on demo mode etc.

Flight Sim Loads all ok, I enter VR mode and the screen splits in two? If I then enter the game, there are two screens - stereoscopic. So if I press ALT+TAB it goes back to one. Is this the VR mode? As when I look around I cannot see right or left - like looking out the windows as one would. I have to use the hat on my TM HOTAS X.

Am I doing this right? As it doesn’t seem to be very immersive for me.

Sorry just been trying for hours, and is annoying the heck outa me.

Exact same problem as you (but with a Pimax) Mmmh…

do you have a usb link cable fro the quest 2 to your pc ?

Yea its bloody annoying - I see all these other ppl flying around just plugnplay and away they go.
I have no idea, have tried everything.

Yes I do the one that came with the Oculus Quest 2. I have ordered a longer one as well.
I have tried different monitors - HDMI & DP, still same issue. Has got me stuffed what it is?

GFX Card Is Nvidia Geforce 2070 - Driver version 461.09
I updated drivers to Studio drivers - nope
Uninstalled all drivers using DDU
Installed latest Nvidia drivers 461.40 - nope

Here is an image of what I mean -

20210130_111946

THIS IS SO FREAKING ANNOYING!!!

OK calm down lets get you fixed up. . . . Read the following posts. Some of them are mine. Assuming there is no difference the Quest 2 and Rift S:

Do this:

Having a strange issue with Oculus Rift.

Make sure you install the correct software:

Oculus Setup: Rift S, Rift, Quest & Go | Oculus

No sorry none of that relates to the issue I am having. Another user here is having the same issue as well on a High End VR system.

I have done everything as was listed. Still does that stereoscopic thing.

Do you have steam game MSFS or Microsoft Store game?
Steam version wants openXR runtime in the regedit
MS store version runs best with openXR oculus runtime in the regedit

C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\oculus_openxr_64.json

I have Oculus Quest 2 (MS store Version)and I have tried all combinations. I now have a Headset mark on my forehead:)
The sim runs with the link cable, even a 3 meter phone cable. But you have to edit the registry and have Khronos installed-there are guides in the Welcome VR guides section.

I have to run oculus Virtual desktop even with the link cable.
You need to have virtual desktop streamer file installed and running
Start the MSFS in flat screen mode through Virtual desktop wait right up until on runway let the AI pilot take off. Once in the air Push CNTRL TAB on keyboard a funny screen should appear in the headset with wavy lines like an old B/W TV- next you should be in full VR.
But will be asked by a pop up box to look forward and push SPACEBAR to recenter the view.
With steam openxr runtime I end up above the plane
With oculus runtime in the cockpit.
Now you can drag the AI pilot control box anywhere you want with your mouse and unclick AI pilot.
You now control the plane In VR (I use a wired generic PS4 controller) and the mouse to push levers-throttle and lights and menus.
Good luck, and see you in the VR skies soon!

How To Nail the Best Flight Simulator 2020 VR Experience Thud’s VR4DCS

It looks like MSFS2020 is in VR mode but for some reason your Oculus headset is not connecting to your PC and giving you a kind of 360 degree VR vision as if you are in the sim world.

A couple of months ago I was a VR newbie and it can be pretty frustrating to get right. I would look to see if you have some sort of connection issues and work on from there. I nearly gave up at one stage. But it is worth persevering. Have a break and then when you are ready have another go. We will try to help you if we can. I do not have Virtual Desktop so I cannot help you there. But in a worst case scenario you could maybe consider getting a (good non official ??) link cable and trying that instead to connect your PC to the Oculus headset :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes done all that still no go…

I give up - have tried everything. It works in every other program bar this one.So disappointing, this was the main reason I got a VR set for.

1 Like

Unless someone else can provide an elegant fix for ‘ooxBelialxoo’, I recommend these last-ditch efforts:

1. If you are behind in updates, you could see erratic behavior. Bear in mind my recommendations assume your install of WIN10 is fully fully fully updated. If you’re not sure, run Windows Update from the Start Menu. Repeat this until no more updates download and install. When done, go to #2 below.

2. Would you by chance have P3dv4.5 loaded on the same PC. If yes, try getting into VR there just to test your system is functioning properly. If this works for you, try getting into MSFS2020 VR again. If you still see stereoscopic, go to #3 below.

3. Don’t hate me, I would delete and reinstall MSFS2020. If that doesn’t work, go to step #4 below.

4. Again don’t hate me, I would spring for a new SSD. Do a fresh install of Win10and all applicable updates. Then and only then reinstall MSFS2020.

We need to keep this alive, I have the Oculus quest 2, openxr (with oculus registery path), Virtual desktop, oculus app, 70$ link cable from oculus, 3k alien ware rig, and i get he same split screen steroscopic view as well…it does not go into full VR mode , spent hours on this…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.