Still Stutters and poor FPS after the 1.14.6.0 Update!

Stutters are still there. Some flights are good without FPS-Drops, others are still stuttering. If it stutters my CPU and my GPU are below 50% Usage, 10GB RAM are free. So I think it depends not on my hardware. After this thought I disconnect the usage of internet-data for the flight simulator. It looks very bad but till then FPS are high and stable.

Does anyone know where the data for the flight simulator come from ? Ok, its Bing. But are there separate servers for the flight simulator ? Are this servers too small, is the connection on there side the bottelneck ? Today is sunday, many pilots are not at work and have time to fly. Maybe this is the problem…

1 Like

a short change of fps from 42 → 33 is a issue ???

Disable these FPS counters and enjoy the game…

the hotfix fixed these real worst stutters, like a diashow around some airports.

Micro-Stuttering etc. is another thing with possible completly other reasons.

It was not short. It was during a flight when I suddenly noticed stutters every second which made precise inputs impossible. I did not have the FPS counter turned on before, but this prompted me to activate it since it was very noticeable . Whatever, it was only a minor issue and I am glad that it immediately went away.

2 Likes

Yes i think also so. Maybe it is a compleate another reson for this stuttering/micro stuttering. But maybe they will fix it hopefully in the next update. It make the flight experience in the simulator worse and it disturbs the Experience with the flightsimulator unfortunaly

I got this very bad stutters when I was flying over Bali, when I started from Bali’s airport, the FPS was like 50 and then I got hit with these stutters

how can i delete it?

Content Manager. Delete everything that has something to do with Japan, US, and UK.

1 Like

well thanks!!

Major stutters are all but gone, however now I’ve had 2 ctd’s and one bad fps drop unplayable slideshow after landing at Midway.
Now I’m “gun-shy” to even start a cross-country for fear of it screwing-up somewhere.
I’m so tired of this back and forth every time an update, patch or fix is released by Asobo, Microsoft, Nvidia, Oculus etc…wish they’d ALL just sit down and have a major meeting lol!
(i7 10700K RTX3080 32G)

3 Likes

Im sick and tired having to tune down some options while the sim itself has everything on Ultra 4k by default after checking my system and still getting no good performance.
It matters nothing if i change lod or even the resolution itself.
Micro stuttering became less now but still in airports and also some random FREEZES for 5-10 seconds out of nowhere.
I think the CTD is resolved by setting MFS in low priority in TASK MANAGER but im not sure and also you have to do it every time.
Seriously…This IS the next Cyberpunk2077 and that for me was not even so bad as this is !!

3 Likes

How did you delete the poi’s sir?

I have microstutters to. :rage:

1 Like

Performance around big airports is much better now- so I’m a happy little pilot. But, I haven’t flown much VFR lately, so I don’t know how things are everywhere else.

10900k. Running ai bios settings at 5ghz
64gb 3600mhz ram
M2 (2x) SSD. Samsung 970, 1 for windows, 1 for msfs2020
Asus rtx3090oc
Aio asus rog cooler
Latest Nvidia drivers
Running g sync enabled dell Alianware wide screen at 3440x 1440 res

Fs2020 Sim settings overall on ultra
Medium screen refresh rate
Render scale 100, Lod 200 objects level 200
No traffic, nor on ground nor in the sky
Community folder or empty… both options no solution.

My problem;
Flying the TBM in NL gives me 40-55 frames (cloudy day) but still gives me some micro stutters… specially when making quick turns

Windows power consumption is on high performance
1 cpu core runs at 100% the rest medium to high.
When turning hardware accelerated gpu planning setting to off the Rtx3090 shows minimal activity in the windows task manager.
When turning on gpu hardware accelerate option in windows the gpu shows 80-99% use

So my question…; (help!!! :grinning:)

Do I turn on windows game mode? Yes or No
Do I turn on hardware accelerated gpu scheduling? (in windows 10 setting) yes or no

What else.??? the micro stutters drive me :rage:

Please help me!
Thank you all!!

I have the same issue wit hte MIcrostutters. The Experience is for now stuttersimulator 2020. but come to use: Still Stutters after the 1.14.6.0 Update! - #29 by BannanaSiblings

1 Like

have similar pc spec with HAGS and game mode to OFF. The best option i think is to test both ways ( on and off)
Do you have G-sync monitor? which are your v-sync ( in-game ) settings?

i have nearly the same system like yours — i also have slutters! i turned OFF the hardware accelerated GPU and its better now!

And game mode?
I have 1 threat running at 100% (the last one)
This is always at 100% when running the sim.
After turning off the gpu scheduling, what is your video card showing in the windows task manager. Mine is showing 8%…

Game Mode Off - In the taskmanager the card shows about 90-100 % i also reach 90-100 % with hardware accelerated GPU “On” - very strange …and my CPU is only at 25% in general except the last core like yours with 100%

Sorry I edited my reply… what is your CPU and gpu showing?

Yes I have a gsync. My ingame options are v-sync off and frames 60 (but grey)
Render scale 100
Lod 200
Objects level 200