Stock aircraft carriers or oil derricks? Where are they?

In FSX and MSFS2004, I seem to recall stock, static aircraft carriers and oil drilling platforms (derricks), spotted throughout the world. For example, an ACC off the coast of San Francisco, and an ODP in the Gulf of Mexico, off the coast of Texas.

Do such things exist in MSFS2020? Or do I have to place “aftermarket” ones in the world myself?

If they do exist, does anyone have lat/long coordinates for me? Thank you in advance if they’re available.

They currently do not exist.

There is a third party working on off shore oil platforms if you Dona search on here you’ll find it.

Thank you much.

BTW… I tried a search for “offshore oil platforms” after you suggested it, and nothing came up, except for the post I just posted. (Unless I’m doing it wrong?).

1 Like

find the 'What did you do today " thread, and scroll way down toward the bottom, in there are a few posts that have oil rigs in them, they are an addon, but at least you’ll know who to ask about where they got them.

They left out so much in this game it really is quite sicking. But hey at least we have way to many wind turbines, and the propellers spin, thats something right???

But here, here is an aircraft carrier for you:

Oh wait thats a bldg (rofl) as long as you dont come to a full stop you can land on them, but as soon as you come to a complete stop you fall through the roof.

North Europe oil/gas offshore installations - Landable! » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Santa Barbara Oil Rig placements » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Carrier Ops - USS Enterprise » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Aircraft Carrier Group - Worldwide Locations » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Hi there,
I moved your topic to World Discovery, where people discuss places to fly, etc.

There was an aircraft carrier included with the Top Gun add-on, however it is currently not included in the base sim but it is something they want to do.

I wrote up a transcript of this past week’s Developer Q&A, so I will quote what they said:

Also, there are oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico if you install World Update 2: USA (FYI, @skypilotYTS).

Here are some screenshots of them:

1 Like

Thank you to all who replied to my post. I don’t know how to quote individual responders, so I’ll just say thank you to all. I’ll look for those oil drilling platforms off the coast of Louisiana.

1 Like

Hi everybody, this is my first time here. I’m a new customer of msfs and i’m trying to performing an helicopter flight to the oil rigs. I have an issue about the scenery. after the download of an oil rig scenery (Norway, adriatic etc) i can only see the flight deck on the sea and i can’t see the platform. I’ve tried with World Usa and love VFR installed, but nothing…
Please can anybody help me??
Thanks
David