Strange airport ground textures in VR

Tried with an empty community folder, no difference.

I do remember that this happened after a sim update now that I think about it.

Is it possible a texture set was corrupted or something?

1 Like

Is this happening at many airports or just one? Maybe this specific field has corrupted textures.
Consider also temporarily setting MSFS PC and VR settings to default. Maybe you set them to some specific configuration causing this issue. I assume you not edited manually any MSFS configuration files. Some people edit them when experimenting with sharpening or other graphics post processing options.

Literally any and every airport. It’s definitely related to reflections, but that’s the only thing I can peg it down to.

I did also go and edit every single graphics setting, but it didn’t fix anything.

I don’t think I’ve edited anything - Nvidia GeForce experience did decide to “optimise” for me (turned that mess off).

I probably first noticed this post Sim Update 11 (I don’t think after 10, that seems too long ago).

So, I’ve had an update to this issue.

Clean reinstall, issue still persists.

Removed almost all mods (apart from PMDG and FSLTL, and one WU…), still persists.

The weird reflection texture remains after entering then exiting VR too, so I could see it in 2D mode.

What are the chances it’s one of those three mods? My gut says low, but surely I can’t be the only one to have this bug. Especially if it remains after a reinstall of MSFS!

1 Like

I’ve potentially found a solution…

I bought a G2 and presto the problem disappeared. So it must’ve been a weird conflict with the Lenovo Explorer headset (both a WMR). Weird!