Strange behavior of quest 3

Does - by chance - anyone have an idea how to fix this?
Recently I upgraded from quest 1 to quest 3. In general it performs quite well, but…
In many situations (but not in all) when I shift my head to look around the two eyes are not ‘in sync’ for a moment. It feels like being drunk :wink: It doesn’t matter whether I use WiFi or USB3. And if I use the drone cam the scenery has some artifacts instead for a short moment (e.g. little squares or so). Looks to me as if there is a problem with the compression of the video. But it happens in sparse scenes with good fps and in dense situations as well.
Meta says that my hardware isn’t sufficient:

but I think that’s ■■■■■■■■ sorry: not true (Ryzen 7 5800x3D, Win11 with current patches, 32 GB RAM, GeForce RTX 4070 - all perfectly OK according to Meta’s website).
Any replies would be very welcome - thanks in advance.

Where are you in relation to your PC and router? It could be interference causing this.

In my opinion: ignore this “error” message. Quest 3/ 7800X3D/ 7800XT: get also this message.
Regarding your being-drunk-issue: it’s the SSW/AWS effect…?

I don’t think so. As I wrote before (see above) - happens in both situations.

Sorry, but what do you mean with ‘ssw/aws effect’? Can’t be Amazon Web Services :wink:

From reading in other forums about that notice, apparently Meta has neglected to keep the app updated with new hardware releases in it’s database. In other words, it doesn’t recognize the hardware, so assumes it’s not compatible. The general advise is to simply ignore it.

It was probably a typo, as I suspect that it was ASW that @RonMULTIPLAYER meant, aka Asynchronous Space Warp, which was Oculus’ way of generating frames to give the impression of a faster frame rate. One of the weaknesses of ASW, certainly in its early days, was with straight lines, a HUD in front of the pilot for example, and head movements that made it difficult to predict the generated frames in an accurate manner.

I use virtual desktop with my quest 3, connecting to a PC, also with a 5800x3d and a slightly more powerful 4080super. Recent improvements in the VD frame generation have removed the side effects that I had been getting previously and which sound similar to yours. My “nemesis” was when looking at bright sun, through a cloudless sky, and it appearing to look like there were two of them overlapping. That has more or less gone now.

The other thing you mght try is reducing some of your MSFS graphics settings. I have DLSS balanced and most of my settings set at no more than High, with a fair few at medium. I currently set a VD framerate at 90fps, but do get an occasional brief period of stutter, probably when I come across a fair density of FSLTL injected live traffic, so will be looking to sort that.

In short, one never seems to stop having to tweak settings to get a great performance out of VR, but I do seem to be getting pretty close at the moment. :slight_smile:

Thank you. I suspected something like that before.

Thanks for the clarification. Up to now I tried various settings - as nearly everybody here I suppose :wink:
The funny thing in my case is that this "double view’ effect doesn’t happen every time (but quite often). So my conclusion is that the reason must be somewhere else. I still guess possibly in the area of videostream compression.
AFAIK this is done by the GPU, possibly together with the CPU. Of course I hope for an update by Meta…