Strange white artifacts over clear skies

As stated in title i have some strange issue in VR. Only with clear skyes i notice some white flickering shadows, appearing only over clear sky, no matter what aircraft or dx11 or dx 12. It show also when i start with clouded sky, at that time no flickering at all, as soon i reach the top of the cloud and i start seeing the sky, those white flickers appears again. That is driving me crazy!

I was getting white flickers as reported by other players. I turn my PC monitor HZ down to 120 from 144 and the flickering and a host of other problems I was having went away.

I’ll give a try, but how monitor refresh rate can affect VR headset?

I want to precise that more than flickering, the issue is some white graphic artifacts only drawn over clear sky. Anyone?

Just found the solutin, turned off ASW in OTT flickers and artifact gone!

2 Likes

I got those “flickerings” as well, but i don’t use ASW. What next? 4080 driver change do not help.

Did u tried to disable it directly in oculus tray tools?

Yes, no ASW anywhere.

Can you provide a screenshoot or a video of your issue?

Sorry, no. When trying capture artifacts to screenshot, nothing shows!? Artifacts are like upside down “raw saw” flickering very fast. The flickering happens when the gaze is focused on the horizon, if i look straight up, it won’t happen.

That looks like exacly what happened to me, and ASW off did the trick. I have no more clues on it, i tried almost everything before. Are you on Rift? Sometimes Crtl + numpad 1 does force ASW off, may worth a try.

A’m on Q2. I will try that Crtl + 1 thing.

“Key 1” from keypad, ensure your numlock is on.
You can try also disabling “AirLink Frametime Insurance”, that works like ASW feature. I’m pretty sure that your issue is ASW related like mine. Ensure also you are connected by cable and not wireless, just for testing purposes.

Out of curiosity, do you notice the artefacts more so on the distant horizon? What you’re describing may be related to a what I believe is a known bug in MSFS.

Have you seen this thread? Is it similar?

Cheers,

Jep, it’s similar. This happens when clouds are below me and clear sky above me. If there is some clouds above me, it do not happen.

Did you tested what i said in late post?

Have no time to test, maybe weekend. Work work work. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I can understand, same to me! Hard work all week long!

I had same problem here, using Quest Pro.

As reported above, it’s caused by ASW. I could solve it changing the ASW mode in Oculus Tray Tools.
For example, for me it happens in “45 hz mode”, but not in “45 Hz force” mode.

Just assing a key to change ASW in OTT, and test different modes.

I am 100% sure, ASW is not on. What is going on? No glue anymore! :no_mouth: