Strange Xbox WASM add-on update?

I’m not sure if anybody has noticed but upon switching the console on this morning, I saw that the add-on support was updating. This is now the 2nd time I’ve noticed this happen in about a week. I can’t see anything about it or any mention of such a thing. Hopefully someone could shed light on what could be going on here, surely can’t be the only one this is happening to.

4 Likes

Mine did the same thing today afternoon when I opened the game.

2 Likes

Frequent updates and bug fixes are a good thing for users :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve not seen anything official, but it has been said that each week it will need to update to add support for new marketplace releases on Thursdays. From this info it seems there must be some manifest of marketplace add-ons it can interact with. Or perhaps it contains a list of cryptographic hashes of certified content, in which case it might need to be updated for each marketplace wasm update and not just new releases.

In any case it seems pretty clear that this is going to be updating every week, it doesn’t mean there’s new bug fixes or anything interesting (although I don’t discount the possibility there could be). Hopefully we won’t get one of these new threads every week (although we have so far!).

4 Likes

I don’t really care that it happens, it’s just that it’d be nice to know that it’s completely normal and that there’s no need to be alarmed.

I’m really hoping this is working towards getting the module working correctly. I can’t really use the 310 since the WASM add-on seems to crash or something, I’m one of those who has to re-download either the aircraft or the WASM add-on in order to have a flight.

”On an Xbox Series X|S console, you may notice weekly updates to Microsoft Flight Simulator: Add-on Support in the background or when the game is launched. These weekly updates are updating WASM functionality for Marketplace content, and not limited to only the Marketplace content you own.”

Quoted from:

3 Likes