Stream Deck Button Box (My C172 Implementation)

Simply Amazing!! Thanks :slight_smile:

@RMROC451

Thank you very much,

Best regards:
ColossusCH

@RMROC451, is it normal that after I install and drag in my actions, that they do not display anything?

1 Like

You have to pick/setup values on what you want it to show. If you look earlier in the thread there was some links to the events/values that you can bind to.

If you still have questions, shoot me a private message and I can help you out!

There were changes in the original repo where they were working on dropdowns for selections of those. I’m sure that will be coming sooner or later. If I can get in contact with the dev and finish it with their permission, it will be the thing I probably do next.

This Is brilliant. I also have a StreamDeck and this looks so useful. Thank you for sharing the file.

Really looking forward to getting this working.

Few questions -

Do I place the extracted folder and files in the Elgato\Streamdeck\Plugins folder?

My Norton Antivirus seems to believe there are a few harmful files in the included bunch. Wondering what’s triggering it?

Also, I see mention of Simconnect and I’m not sure what that is. Is that something else that needs to be downloaded and installed to make the buttons work with MSFS and the Streamdeck?

Thanks again!

Please hold on creating the folder manually, because you will have to manually delete it once you install the proper version :slight_smile:.

I am preparing a forum post for a package version. In the mean time, you can download the release at:

And follow the instruction at:

10 Likes

Is there a way to have this plugin installed but not have the Flight-Tracker tray icon and app running all the time? I only need it open when I’m playing the game, rather than whenever I’m using my Stream Deck. Am I overlooking a setting somewhere? Thanks!

This plugin adds the tray icon when it is started up in streamdeck, so you know it is trying to look for a simconnect connection.

Just by having it loaded in the streamdeck plug in folder, it starts up whether you are in a profile that uses any buttons or not, because it is watching for buttons to be added to be “configured”

You can either hide it in your notification tray or we could remove the notification icon being added when the plug in loads.

I’m not sure if streamdeck supports lazy loading of plug-ins, but this is probably the way it will stay. It has to load the plug in to know what buttons are available to add from the side menu.

1 Like

Yup it shows up because Stream Deck always load it up regardless what game you are running. The only way for it to not be running is to shutdown itself if the sim is not running, but then you have no way to start it back up other than restarting Stream Deck.

I can definitely hide the system tray icon to create the illusion that it is not running (many plugins do that), but I prefer to be straight forward with users. Also, if you don’t open the sim, it doesn’t do anything except from trying to connect to SimConnect every 5 seconds (to know that the sim is up).

2 Likes

Understandable. Transparency is always a plus. Is it possible to add an option to hide (or show) the tray icon?

I created a release on my fork that has some additional features that are waiting to get into the parent repo.

Take a look and see what you think.

ALL RELEASES CAN BE FOUND HERE FROM NOW ON.

5 Likes

Very cool project! All the built-in buttons seem to be working for me, but I’m missing something on making custom gauges. I’ve had no success creating even a simple throttle gauge. What am I doing wrong here?

I’m using ‘GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:index’ for toggle and display value. It’s stuck at zero.

You’re not doing anything wrong :slight_smile: not all variables are in. The throttle lever position would be one of them.

The problem now is that each variable needs to have a enum entry in the list of possible values. I do want to change that, so that it is possible to just resister any string a user enters, but this is difficult due to the nature of the simlib api. A separate mapping mechanism is needed. When I do find the time I’ll try to fix it.

Yes as Pieter said, every supporting variable/event has to be added manually at the moment, but a lot of them are already in.

GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:index is added in version 0.2 at https://github.com/nguyenquyhy/Flight-Tracker-StreamDeck/releases.

2 Likes

Hey folks! I’m working on a slightly different layout of the same kind, using the same plugin. Hooray, concurrent development!

I was aiming for something a bit more … “Realistic.” I’m trying to train my muscle-memory on where things are in each individual cockpit, rather than have all the information available to me on a single screen.

Here’s a doc I wrote that I update with all the version improvements of my layout. Also as a bonus has install instructions, zips, downloads - everything you need:

edit: shoot, I can’t post links. uh. maybe if I wrap it in code:

It’s a WIP I’ll update as I go. Currently has C172, C172 G1000, and XCub layouts.

@RMROC451 - love the image switcher pull request you currently have out! once that gets integrated I’m going to swap all the actual buttons for in-game screenshots. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I just downloaded this from GitHub a few hours ago and confirmed I’m using the latest version, 0.2. Still no luck using GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:index

@Shukorb
GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1 for example definitely works on things like the gauge widget. Just make sure you set the min to 0 and the max to 100; the default “greyed out” values don’t actually do anything.

1 Like

Got it working! I didn’t actually have the index number in there. I had GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:index instead of GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1

1 Like

Big thanks to everyone that is developing Stream Deck plugins. They are adding a lot of value to the sim.

2 Likes

Thanks for the docs and the profiles.

I have released version 0.3 with Custom On/Off Image setting:

4 Likes