Stream Deck Button Box (My C172 Implementation)

Just the wasm module. Keep mobiflight installed just to have it check for updates.

But it does not need to be running to use the stream deck plugin :slight_smile:

I did look at the 3 page PDF. The example in particular is even in the paragraph on Toggle Parameter on the first page. Read it several times. I can’t get the command to work. I’ve got some pretty elaborate setups for different planes already that all work fine. I just can’t understand why that didn’t work. I don’t come asking questions unless I’ve exhausted my other avenues first. I tend to be a DIY kind of guy.

Will try your solution @RMROC451 when I get back to my computer later.

Crunchmeister71 Here is What I have Used:
to Toggle GPS to VOR:
Toggle Event: TOGGLE_GPS_DRIVES_NAV1
Feedback Value: GPS_DRIVE_NAV1

To Switch VORfro VOR 1 to 2 or 2 to 1:
Toggle Event: AP_NAV_SELECT_SET
Toggle Parameter: 1 (or 2 to switch to nav2)
Toggle Value: GPS_DRIVES_NAV1 (switch this to 2)

I wanted to put this on 1 Button but could not get the on off values to drive correctly. I spent as much time as I was willing to expend and and added VOR select rework to my design backlog list :wink: I think the parameter solution has been fixed by @NguyenQHy, I just have not looked at it.

1 Like

@RMROC451 Thank You Sir! I plan to keep MobiFlight in place as my Arduino Kit and encoders will be here this week and I will be able to play around and do some re-learning :wink: I’ve never developed for FlightSim (Though plenty of general electrical electronics experience so this will an interesting foray into this realm. :wink:

1 Like

Have fun with it, major fun and time sync. It’s where my nights disappear to when I hit cruise level :slight_smile:

1 Like

I need help why the stored icons do not change when the switch is pressed.
If I operate a switch in the steam deck, this action is also carried out in the cockpit, but the icons does not change. Is there any trick?

You have to setup the feedback values to evaluate to True or false, which denotes on or off for your icons.

If you have no feedback value setup, it uses the default off image, I think.

@ mikemolto8702
Here are some notes I made:

Toggle Button generally speaking will return 0 for off and 1 for on but not ALL buttons do. You need to ensure you are using the right Toggle Value fields also. It was a mistake I was making initially. @RMROC451 Gave me a profile example for button and gauges and that helped explain where I was going wrong.

Make sure you use the EXACT Toggle event name from STRUCTS.CS for the Event name, and the Exact Toggle VALUE from Structs.CS You’ll see the Events and Value items are ALL in the same file so you need to make sure you have right Item from the right part of the structs file.

As an example, try this Button for Turning On and Off Master Battery (Bonanza)
Toggle Event: TOGGLE_MASTER_BATTERY
Toggle Parameter: 1
Feedback Value: ELECTRICAL_MASTER_BATTERY__2

I found you could also use the Display value field to see what value the button is actually getting (you just put the same item from FeedBack Value to see what it returns.

This worked perfectly. Thanks!

@RMROC451 @NguyenQHy

I’m looking at the Sample GNS-530 Profile and noticed the Toggle Event starts with MF_ and I cannot get it to work yet. I cross checked the Event name in Structs.cs and noticed the new events there are all prefixed MOBIFLIGHT.xxxxxxxx.

I’m assuming the Structs.cs file would be the system of record for the event names and the sample may need to be updated? If that is true, I can file a defect report for it?

Defect was already filed, just replace MF_ in the profile attributes with MOBIFLIGHT_.

I checked it all in as MF_ in the structure file and then was asked to update it to something more unique. And then forgot all about the profile.

Sorry about that, I hope it’s easy enough for you to update in the demo profile for yourself!

I switched it to MOBIFLIGHT_ and everything works as it should. I’m glad this feature was added. Thank you guys for doing this. The less screen clicking I have to do with my mouse, the better. And this just made things incredibly easier.

1 Like

RMROC451 Nah Mate, It is not a problem! This is QA. Its what I do :wink:

BTW I just got my first two Softkeys working for the G1000. I am so beyond Stoked (happy) !!! I am getting ready to go a tear to build out a the missing UI Functions like it never has so far!!! I’ll let you know when I have the folder/page built out.

2 Likes

Got all my important keys set up for the G1000 MFD. 12 soft keys, the FMS buttons and buttons for the FMS knobs. I’m golden.

The comms and nav radio controls are already part of the comms panel, and I already have baro reset on my main SD screen and + and - to a wheel on my throttle. CRS is already on my Logi Multi Panel. So I’m golden. I have all the buttons I need!

4 Likes

It is indeed interesting to see different perspectives on what others see as important in their Button choices.

I’m still experimenting with Button placement and keeping page jumps minimized. Probably still a ways from a final layout but its a place to start. Oh and did I mention how stoked I am about having ALL the G1000 controls available? :wink:

My Nav / COMM panel needs a LOT of work but it does all function. I can finally still distill down the Nav Selector GPS/VOR1/VOR2 to a single button However is likely to need two button positions to show the modes.

2 Likes

Push/Pull-Events for A320-AP would be cool. Does anyone have an idea how to implement that?

If you are referring to knob Push or Pull Events? Knob pushes for the G1000 are already present. There are no A320-P functions in hte list at present I think.
Take a look in the Structs.cs file in the source. Look for the Events prefixed MOBIFLIGHT_

With the ability to integrate Mobiflight functions into Flight Tracker we need two things.
1/ MOBIFLIGHT need to expose the function in their/his .WASM module.
2/ Flight Tracker Devs need to create to ENUMS to expose the controls to the Streamdeck.
(That is grossly simplified but it is the major gist of what needs to be done.)
Most of what may be needed may or may not be done. :wink:

1 Like

Indeed. It really comes down to not everyone having the same type of setup + personal preference.

I have tried to download this, but just get the entire source folder for V.Studio building ???

Do you have the binary to download somewhere ?? or am I just being dumber than usual ?

GitHub isn’t the most intuitive when it comes to finding what you’re looking for. This is what you want.

https://github.com/nguyenquyhy/Flight-Tracker-StreamDeck/releases/download/v0.22/tech.flighttracker.streamdeck.streamDeckPlugin