Stream Deck Button Box (My C172 Implementation)

Thank you, Sir!

Having trouble setting up Vert Speed toggle. Can’t seem to get the values right. Any guidance?

Check out version 0.6:

4 Likes

the toggle for the auto pilot or are you talking for the generic gauge?

Toggle value: AP_VS_HOLD
Feedback value: AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD

Thats all you need :slightly_smiling_face:

Does someone have a good config for the Airbus MCP? Currently it seems there is no way to go between managed/selected modes SPD/ALT/HDG:slight_smile:

How do I get rid of this obtrusive message while using the Stream Deck?

Screenshot 2020-09-14 132652

It should only be shown once. If it keeps repeating, it means the plugin is in a re-connect loop.

If this is the case, completely exit the stream-deck software, wait for the loop to clear and restart the stream deck software.

This bug is one of main reasons why I didn’t distribute it yet. It’s a very annoying bug.

2 Likes

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/airbus-neo-is-there-a-binding-to-switch-between-managed-and-selected-modes/244977/4?u=pieter1982nl

I’m thinking I might implement a “polly retry” around that so it starts throttling itself.

How do you guys get MSFS to draw that message? I would like to recreate some kind of control overlay I made for X-Plane (see https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/control-overlay-is-it-possible-in-msfs/254620?u=tappex), but heard there is no (easy) way to draw 2D overlays in the sim.

Thanks! Indeed it disappeared after a while, but it took quite long to do so.

this looks like a basic message display interaction with the simconnect library:

2 Likes

Yeah, it loops like mad and MSFS displays every message a few seconds. So that’s why you get a queue of those messages.

Maybe it also has to do with me editing the Stream Deck profiles while MSFS was already running.

That shouldn’t be the main cause, thats how I do 90% of my development :grin:

I notice it easily happens if you use some variable that probably isn’t being used in MSFS currently, or if the fedback value just returns nothing (probably)… Maybe it this could also br an avenue to try and solve the looping…

2 Likes

It happens to me when I spam a button to quickly, and SimConnect get to a weird state where showing a text message is ok (as you can see that the message pop up), but trying to get data will cause an error again.
At that point the only resolution is to do a reconnect, but probably I should have added some delay before attempting the reconnection to prevent that crazy loop. I will add that in the next update. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I solved the problem on my end by adding a bunch of exclusions and authorizations to my antivirus software. Frankly, I should have done so right after installing. At any rate, it fixed that issue for me.

Hey guys, I’m currently trying to setup a new profile for the CAP10. Not that I fly it that much, but just because I want to learn to setup profiles on my Stream Deck.

I have a problem with the fuel selectors. To be able to select the aft fuel tank, I need to set the fuel selector to position CENTER2. How do I do this? According to these values I should use the FUEL_SELECTOR_SET variable with parameter 7. Where do I put the parameter? I can’t get it to work.

Any help would be very much appreciated!