Stream Deck integration with G3000 touchscreen

Hi everyone.

Before purchasing a stream deck (XL) I was hoping some of you could help me.

Mainly fly the Cessna Longitude (C700) with the G3000. Im wanting to use a stream deck to simulate the touchpad component of the G3000 system. Basically the screen where you enter the flightplan, NAV/CCOM, weights and fuels etc. Saves having to use the Mouse to enter a flight plan and other things.

Does anyone have any idea if this can be done?

Clarkey

Hi there,

Welcome back to the forums!

We ask that people not use General Discussion for help, advice, or troubleshooting. Something like Stream Deck is best discussed in Tech Talk, where you can discuss hardware and peripherals, among other things. I have moved your topic there.

I am also intersted in that since i got myself a loupedeck live just a few hours ago. From what i have learned so far you can do pretty much anything as long it´s a clickable button in the cockpit, at least when using 3rd party software, like spad.nxt.

I’ve never tried, but in theory if those buttons are mapped to an event of some kind, then they could be driven on a Streamdeck configured with something like SPAD.

NAV/COM not a problem, that works out the box. But some other interactions, like keyboard entry of waypoints would be a pain.

I too am very interested in having my streamdeck set up to run the touchscreen Garmin in the Longitude. It is possible to program, but like others have said, the keyboard entry phase would be a PITA. I was hoping for something from AviaWorx that can run on a tablet.

Have you taken a look at some of the profiles at Stream Deck for Microsoft Flight Simulator | Flightsim.to ? Maybe that is a starting point for you.

While not Garmin related, this vendor has a pretty good showcase for some of the popular airliners, to get an idea of what Streamdecks can do. I jusssst might be seeing what the Amazon Prime Days price is for the SD+ tomorrow, and then consulting “the boss”. :slight_smile:

Just on the quickest, lightning scan of this thread - I wonder if a touchscreen would help? I already use this in conjunction with multiple Streamdecks (and weirdly, within the next few hours, multiple touchscreens too - thank you Prime day) but dont fly glass, so am not familiar with what the default Asobo/WT offering is like these days. With the TDS GTN750 it is utterly brilliant.

In my own experience, touchscreen and Stream deck make a perfect confection, rather like a bacon sandwich.

1 Like

Morning All,

Thanks for your responses. Ive been looking into it and finding it tough locating a viable solution but will keep at it.

Perhaps its something MS needs to bring back into the sim for people to get a IRL experience.

Hi - I may be too late responding, but I have just set up the g3000 GTC panels using an old iPad, connected to PC using Space Desk, and then use the Pop Out Panel Manager (flightsim.to) to pop the GTC panel onto the iPad. I’ve managed to get both panels side by side and can now have full touchscreen access without needed to use mouse.

To take this further, I have also programmed my Bravo dial using Spad.next to simulate the left hand dial on the GTC, so I can zoom in/out.

Next up I want to try and get the soft buttons on the PFD mapped to an external device - but haven’t worked that one out yet.,

Happy flying.

Maybe this:

I use the Guenseli G1000NXi StreamDeck addon in conjunction with popping out the PFD and MFD to two 10inch tablets via Spacedesk. The G1000NXi has no touchscreen capabilities so this works well for me. You will need additional payware for this solution - Lorby Axis and OHS, plus some free MSFS plugins available on the Lorby web site. It does take quite a bit of setting up though.