Struggle to decide where to fly

How about some arctic passanger hauling? Northern Norway is currently being hit with some bad weather. The sun does not rise above the horizon and mountains lurking everywhere. This is the route map for a small regional airline called “Wideroe”:

Take the Cessna 208 fully loaded with passengers and fuel and hop along the coast from Tromsoe and land on every airport f.ex Hasvik, Hammerfest, Honningsvaag, Mehamn, Berlevaag, Baatsfjord, Vardoe, Vadsoe, Kirkenes, Lakselv, Alta, Soerkjosen and back to Tromsoe. Should be quite an evening with a busy cockpit. The bug causing airport lighting to disappear adds another level of drama :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is an interesting bit of human nature that we often need some ‘purpose’ to do something - and it affects us in even something like a simulator. Just taking off and flying around isn’t too appealing - but a challenge is. The other day I decided to fly down the River Thames from the estuary to Windsor, at about 300ft. It was fun & I took a wrong turning in the river, but it was a ‘purpose’ and so worked,

I don’t know exactly what you’re after but I like the area around Copenhagen, maybe from Lübek in a small plane. The alps are also stunning like going from Friedrichshafen to Milan or Venice. Iceland maybe? If you havent done it yet I’d really go for the alps first. That’s always cool.