Struggling Running 4K with High-End Systems

Did you click the video? I dont see any problem with the mouse. And I think I’d be ok with a stuttering mouse than a stuttering sim.

Yeah I seen the video. I also saw some stuttering when you were arriving into BUR.
If I really have to go that low on the settings then something is wrong.

it is called initial settings so that most pc’s can use it. But obviously the better your machine is the higher your graphics can go. Right now I’m running 4k in Ultra with the 3080. Maybe you can share what you have done with yours that would make the sim better.

1 Like

I use my scaling down to 70-80%. There’s a massive improvement in FPS even on full ultra on everything, but the scaling down is hardly noticeable.

I have a 3090 and I have stutters anywhere I fly.
I’m not against your method, because I was also playing on 30hz on my 4K monitor, but I was annoyed how slow my cursor would move.

Can you please post your in-game settings and Nvidia Control Panel settings?

I see it noticeable as I see missing objects on the ground such as buildings, houses, other objects missing in payware sceneries, etc.

The issue is likely CPU bottleneck. I wish there were options for graphics beyond “ultra”, that would offset the bottleneck

I only set 30hz for flight sim. The rest of the time I go back to 60hz.

Since flying is directly connected to internet bandwidth, microstutters will happen when the sim downloads a big chunk of texture and quickly injects it in the sim.

Right now I am able to run at Ultra in 30hz. Nvidia setting mostly global except for

Power management - Max performance
Texture filtering - Allow / Quality
Trilinear Optimization - ON
Threaded Optimization - ON
Vertical Sync - Fast

Here is what I recorded last night:

Youtube is still processing 4K version.

A320 in Manhattan @ 4K Ultra Settings

PC specs in description.

@Pulsepowered Just noticed your CPU is overclocked. What’s your internet connection speed?
Did you do any other optimizations besides the ones in the Nvidia control panel?
I have a 3090 and I can’t even play on object and terrain on 200 but I’m on 60hz.
I think I’m going to try out your method as mentioned above and try it once more on 30hz.

One more thing, do you have your frame rate locked in the control panel?

@Camargo24 internet is at 200mbps. I also have the Manhattan skyline and most scenery around big airports on my manual cache to lessen the microstutters. The set up I posted above is just half the process to get the sim to run efficient. The other half is carefully optimizing the PC. Hint: I only have 106 background processes running.

I am currently writing a full installation guide with excerpts from NickN’s FSX Bible so everyone can setup their PC the right way.

@Pulsepowered will be looking forward for that. Which background processors do you recommended shutting off while the sim is running?

Also, I have a secondary monitor(1440p) connected to my gpu , do you think that’s also causing my performance to go down? Would you suggest going for a 1080p for the secondary monitor?

@Camargo24 I wouldn’t be able to point out which one because the programs you might have installed have a lot of bloatware behind it. But for sure, Geforce experience is up there with the bloatware. Programs with auto updates in the settings should be turned off. And many more technical ones in the services.asc which I will cover in the guide.

A second monitor is your other big resource hog. I suggest running it in the lowest workable resolution you can manage.

I figured my second monitor was causing some issues since I’m running it on the recommended resolution. Hopefully lowering it down to 1080p will help a little.

I’m struggling really badly with stuttering with a 10700K and 3080. Currently in the TBM over South Carolina getting 43FPS but it’s yo yo-ing and spiking every other frame so it’s not smooth at all sadly. I’m hoping the update that comes out on Tuesday will repair some of the performance issues.

If you’re missing buildings, houses, and other objects. You’re reducing the wrong slider. I meant reducing the render scale, not the terrain or object details sliders. Those ones I kept it at max 200.

@BoldPilot8745 What settings do you have in the sim? Also, what resolution?
I’m also experiencing the same issue as you.

Ultra and 4K. Turning off VSync helped but still not great.