Stuck at blue bar loading page while trun on the online data

Hey guys,

I am pretty new to FS2020, so after installing all software, my first try was stuck at the blue bar on that loading page. I’ve read all the related topics and followed all advice and recommendations but nothing works so far.

I re-install the Windows 10 OS, the FS2020 client was newly downloaded and there are no MODS, no settings were changed, etc, everything default.

Here are the detailed steps I tried:

1. Launch FS2020, set ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY- ON; BING DATA - On; PHOTOGRAMMETRY - ON(And I was connected to EAST USA server)

(And also I wonder if this is the correct data consumption of 158GIB?)

2. On the main page, select to fly between two airports, click on the FLY button
    (Screenshot attached below in the reply)

3. The game will be stuck on the next page forever, the blue process bar can reach 100% point within 5 mins, and then nothing happened. (This is before you can see the READY TO FLY button)
    (Screenshot attached below in the reply)

Here are the things I tried:

1. Logout from the XBOX app and login from the game,
  2. Confirm the XBOX networking is OPEN
  3. Deleted everything in the user-AppData-local-package except the user config file and reset the game.
  4. Connecting to different servers
  5. Using VPN to connect
  6. Changing my DNS to 8.8.8.8

And I did find that if I set the DATA as OFF and I can pass that blue loading bar and see the READY TO FLY button in like 30 sec after loading, flying with no issue except there was no live data for sure. Besides, I can download manual data from the server.

So I assume the issue will be with the online service?

Please guide me if any of you guys have a similar experience before. Thank you.

PC specs for those who want to assist:
CPU:AMD 5600x
Mobo: B550
GPU: TUF 3080
Mem: 32GB
Free Disk: larger than 300GB
Internet speed: 120MBPS

As a new user, it only allows me to upload one pic at a time

Here is the actual page I am stuck at

Solved by myself. Turned out the Reset this PC function is not able to fully reset the OS even I chose to delete everything, I saw a log in the system event stated error for SSL access with non-English charactors. A full re-install of windows OS from the USB drive has solved this issue.

I have encountered the same problem. Where can I check the TLS error log you mentioned?

Hi there,

Please see the attached screenshot.

1. Right-click on your start button, select Event Viewer
  2. In the Event Viewer, go to Windows Logs - system, if possible, click on the Clear log(better to choose “save and clear”) it will be easier to find the error message.
  3. Launch FS2020, and note the time
  4. Try to start with the Data option ON and Fly, if you stuck on the loading page then close the game
  5. Go back to Event Viewer and look for any messages with a red exclamation mark within the time range

In my case it was like this: A fatal error occurred while creating an SSL 客户端 credential. The internal error state is 10013. I cannot guarantee you will have the same issue with mine, but worth a try.

1 Like

Hi, I encountered the same problem recently, that is, as long as the Bing data turned on, after hitting fly button, there would be infinite loading time (even though the blue bar was completely filled). My network is not that fast but can nevertheless connect to Bing server for streaming data.

The solution to this problem for me is to change the non-Unicode character setting under
Windows settings → Time & Language → Region → “Additional date, time & regional settings” on the right side → Region → Administrative → Change system locale, and set it to English (mine was in other language before). Inside the Region Settings window, the “Beta: …” option must not be selected.

After the above setting change, I can correctly load after hitting fly button in one minute, with the in-game Bing data & photogrammetry settings on.

4 Likes

I think you’re on to something here. I was having this issue back in Feb/March, and I had a non-unicode characterset installed for a weird utility I use for NBA2k. Removing that and setting it to English was one of the things I did to fix it when I was experiencing it after noticing flightsimulator.exe was trying (and failing) to contact IP addresses in asia via wireshark.

Chinese players said: “we can only close Bing to play, otherwise, we will always be stuck in the add-on.”. I don’t know English, so I can’t change the region. I hope Microsoft can treat all Chinese players equally, and let us have a fair and normal experience of the game like other players.

Hi CurrentBadger42,

According to the Code of Conduct, you must use English when posting on the forums. The one exception is the #multiplayer category, where you can use any language to help you find users to connect with.

If you cannot read English, the forums provide a handy feature that translates posts into your native language, you can use this feature by clicking the translate button under a post. translate icon

If you need help converting a post from your language to English, try using Bing Translator, the same service used by the forums.

Hi CurrentBadger42, I did solve this issue by totally re-install the windows OS and change the language to English(NOTE: select reset in Windows 10 will not work, only use an USB driver to totally re-install Windows), after that, you can also download the Chinese language package and switch to Chinese, but this will keep the English as the base layer which will solve this stuck at loading page issue.

I also sent out a Chinese version of this to your message, as non-English posts are not allowed here. Hopefully this helps.

I was on a Chinese bought PC (I live in Beijing) and changing the locale settings mentioned above sorted my problem. Thanks very much. I can finally fly!

Same thing, was about to give up.

Then i reset a lot of things like permissions, shortcuts, some essential windows stuff with the free windows repair AIO tool in Safe Mode. All of a sudden the game loaded, and i was able to update stuff as well …