Stuck at first loading screen forever

Since this most recent update I cannot get to the main menu, bars fills up blue and it just sits there for hours.

Anybody else had this?

I’m the same, even reinstalled it and its stuck there. Pretty annoyed with it. Was fine before this update! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Sorry, I cannot help you, but
have you gone to:

Download & Installation issues: Windows Store troubleshooting

Follow

Avatar Support Updated : March 27, 2021 11:22 August 07, 2020 10:21

They should be able to help you.

Just tried to open msfs and stuck on splash screen. Usually this means there are updates sitting in MS Store or in MS - Security. No updates sitting so ???

1 Like

Post 2 ,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

Beyond frustrating. I’ve spent three says searching MS Store and MS Security/Updates for any outstanding updates that should be downloaded. None to be found and the sim stalls at splash screen. Went to MS Store a few minutes ago and low and behold Gaming Services “magically” appeared as a download ready for installation. Once downloaded, the sim fired right up. This is totally bush!!

I’ve seen other Posts reference this.

I use MS Store but don’t know what “Gaming Services” is?

I just looked at my MS Store.
Nothing there.

Can someone explain what it is?
Thanks

Have you tried emptying your community folder and then restarting the program?

This has happened to me several times and each time it’s cleared up once I identified a problem mod and removed it from the community folder.

Just to share my experience:
Every couple of days without using the sim, and before using it again, I usually check on the MS Store if there’s a new version of “Gaming Services”. It’s an App that’s absolutely needed to properly run MS games, including MSFS. It doesn’t harm to check it periodically of in case you have start-up problems.

check your windows drivers - maybe something amiss there…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.