Stuck at JFK & YTZ landing challenge loading screen (And any flight plan whose start point involves major cities in World Map mode)

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
I stuck at JFK landing challenge loading screen (I waited for a full hour before killed the game and tried again, same thing happened), the loading bar was moving till full, and the tips kept changing, but it just can’t load. Other landing challenges and World map flying work most of the time.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Open JFK or YTZ landing challenge and hit “Fly”
PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
Intel 11700F + Dell GeForce 3080 + 16g RAM
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
After APRIL 22ND, 2021’s update
Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No

the app crashed / freeze ? … can you check windows event log ?

In most cases, and may be in special JFK, you have to check your pagefile setting ( just increase it: min:8 max:20 (better 30gig ) and ensure enough free disc space ).

See also:

The app continued to run till I killed it. There s no crash or freeze and it continuously used tonnes of CPU. I did check the windows event log, nothing special there.

Thanks for your advice, will definitely try that later.

Adding Virtual memory to disk C (where my os is installed) and disk D (where msfs is installed) didnt work :frowning: I also got the same issue with YTZ landing challenge. But I could get into the weekly landing challenge (Notre-Dame de La Salette).

two pagefiles are not necessary… simple set these one at main drive to the 8/30 combo.

If this not help, then please check the windows event log (viewer) for a possible logged error message. Then we are not completley blind with the analyse :slight_smile:

I will try to start this too…

Emmm, cant find anything related to msfs in windows event log application section

I tried it now and it works. It taked a while to start and it needs a lot of RAM… and I guess I landet first time with the Boeing monster, but I’am alive :rofl:

Does the application crash in your case or simple freeze ?

EDIT: and have to made a restart afer pagefile setting ? ( windows - restart, not only shutdown and start ).

Wow, nice!
Err, my application just keeps running even when the loading bar is full, there s no sign of crashing or freezing

Thank you so much for answering my questions and giving advice, btw!

ah sorry… you former told it already.

was flashed from the boeing :rofl:

But then I have at the moment no additional idea…

EDIT: one hint… don’t open browser and MSFS in parallel… MSFS eat memory , browsers too ( a lot ) and this can force pagefile usage.

YTZ is similar to JFK… it takes realy a while to start and at least with my setting, the memory consume is relativ high

Your other example I not know :slight_smile:

:frowning: Turning off Chrome didnt help
Notre-Dame de La Salette is the land challenge on the game home page
Guess Ill have to add more ram now as I m encountering this issue in the world map mode

Hi @wxw2010,
I’ve moved your topic into #bugs-and-issues:online-services
That subcategory is also for landing challenges.
Thanks!

Thanks! Btw, I just found this issue also appears when I was doing “World map” flying and set departure point around/inside a major city. So it’s not technically a landing challenge issue.

1 Like

Another finding is the loading bar will jump several times till this position

, then, it will move slowly bit by bit till the end.

Another update would be, this issue happens even in the lowest graphic setting

I think this is what I guess too… May be it takes a very long time to allocate the memory ( but would be a bit strange ) or the game do some pre-downloads which takes time ( and can not end ).

Related to memory: the amount of usage in my case is because of 4K/near ultra. Full-HD is much less. So may be the memory aspect is not the main issue for that…

EDIT:
have you already tried to remove/clean your Cache file ?

Just tried that, and its not working :frowning:
I tried the SEQM landing challenge though, which shouldn’t have as many buildings as JFK and YTZ, but it also stuck.

it’s realy strange… beside of the RAM, your system seems stronger than my ( 8700k,2080ti,64gig )… ( at least kind of similar :wink: )

I assume you have also kind of SSD and at least 50mbit internet ?

My OS is running on SSD, but the game is installed on HD. And yes, I do have >50mbit Internet.

I just tried to create a manual cache around the region of New York and Toronto, but still got this issue. So it s probably not related to cache or internet speed.

I think I tried some of these challenges before last week’s update (I believe its 1.15.7 → 1.15.8), so it might because of the update.

may be this is the diff… can you have a look in taskmanager what the drive do while you wait ?

( have you tried adding the msfs folders onto the anti-vir exclussion list ? )

hmmm… may be… but what… and why not here… hmmm … multiplayer stuff is not used in challanges, I think…