Stuck at loading screen, requires reboot

Hello all,

I’ve had Microsoft Flight Sim for awhile but recently reinstalled my Windows on my C drive while MSFS was located on a different drive.

Since re-installing I have struggled with getting MSFS to load. It gets stuck at the screen below. It has become increasing frustrating because no matter what guides I follow this becomes the norm after I have openend it once and close it and try to open it again. I currently reinstalled again today and my sim is completely vanilla.

The other problem I have is that if I do get it to boot up properly I have to reconfigure all my settings each time.

I would like to enjoy this sim again but at the moment I think I am pulling all of my hair out trying to get it just to boot.

When this happens, did you check in Task Manager and see if the sim is still running (it may not have shut down completely) from the previous session before starting it again?
Also, for the vanilla sim issue, check to make sure the UserCfg.Opt file in the LocalCache folder does point to your Community Folder location.

So I just booted up for the first time today. Completely vanilla sim, nothing in the community folder.

Works fine, no issues. Load into an airport in the C152.

Exit the sim, verify the program is not running in task manager, immediately reboot the sim, stuck at the loading screen again.

Delete your cashe and try again.

Where is that located?

Easyer way is to got to Settings…data…scroll down you will see the option!

Okay, I’ll try that after a reboot since I can’t get past the loading screen.

If you cannot go into the game, you can go looking for it in the install folder on your drive

Still have the same issue.

Have you tried this?

UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL GAMING SERVICES VIA POWERSHELL

Delete the Gaming Services registry keys and reinstall the Gaming Services app via Powershell.

In the Windows search bar, type Windows PowerShell
In the menu, select “Run as administrator”
In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:
get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
Click Install** to install Gaming Services (select Yes if you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt)
Restart your device.
**The install button is expected to disappear once you have successfully updated to the correct version.

Interesting so I attempted to do this but was unable to reinstall due to issues with the Microsoft Store.

Let my computer sit for awhile and came back later and it installed fine and MSFS opened up just fine.

So I guess my question now is: how am I losing connection to the update servers / how can I check if there are issues and is there anything I can do to fix it.