Stutter/FPS drop when panning camera views

For FS2024 issues, please use the existing reports:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/fps-drop-when-panning-camera-views-in-msfs-2024-dlss-4-5-stutter/755247
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/significant-stutters-changing-views/714969/36

Yes, the bottom-up panning is mind-blowing. The fps tearing is too noticeable and really annoying.

Less stutters for me on msfs 24 SU5 beta.

yes but it still needs improvement…

100%, still improvement but its good so far better then before. Hopeuflly this beta fixes stuff that we need

The stutters are so bad The game is unplayable. I can only switch off screen terrain pre caching to low or medium. This also happens in SU5

This is also bothering me quite a bit I must say. Despite high FPS, the stuttering when turning the camera really takes away a lot of the immersion.

I think the overall performance of the sim is very good, but this issue is very irritating.

We 2024 users should only use this topic to discuss the problem:

I have this issue not only when panning the camera, but also when I turn the aircraft. The stutters are only on the ground which leads me to believe that there is something wrong with the off-screen caching.

Nothing has changed for me since SU5 beta, VRAM is getting purged in the same way as it did in SU4. Plus minus a few seconds, makes no difference, super frustrating.
That would seems like such an easy fix, by just allowing the “Off screen terrain precaching” to at least do its job properly when set to “ULTRA”, or maybe to add an additional option “MEGA ULTRA” or “ULTRA ULTRA” or “ULTRA DELUXE” or “ULTRA NIGHTMARE” for PC folks

Yes, it’s the most annoying thing of this issue.

Could you check performance changes is SU5 beta and send video to relative topic?

I wish, developer’s engineers will track it rapidly, and we will get stutter-free simulator.)

How come this is not being logged as a bug yet? Shouldn’t this be affecting most, if not all PC users?

Cause this is the 2020 thread only.

It seems like this issue might be hardware-specified, plus some of users do not using add-ons, do not flying throw bugged areas (USA coasts, Switzerland, Japan, etc), do not paying attention about stutter-free experience, do not posting on this forums…