Stutter/FPS drop when panning camera views

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC
Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
FPS drop when panning camera

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Move the camera inside a cockpit
PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
Not relevant
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
SU5- SU6- SU7…

The stutter/fps drop when panning the camera view HAS NOT been fixed.
Offscreen terrain pre caching settings can reduce it a little bit if you set it to ultra but in many occasions it doesn’t change anything.
The old thread about this problem has bene closed and this has been marked as fixed but IT IS NOT.

For me it only works when set to ULTRA
Tho I have to agree that latest update has introduced some stutter again but not as bad as it used to be

2 Likes

I agree, even ultra doesn’t solve it. It didn’t work perfectly in WU6, SU6 or SU7.
Especially the first time I pan around 360 degrees I get extreme stutters (maybe 3-4 updates in 3 seconds), but I always get some pretty big stutters while moving around after that as well.

3 Likes

Yes I agree that ultra helps… but it’s not enough to solve it. Also the other settings like low, medium, high seems too similars to each other.
This issue has came with SU5 to match the Xbox RAM; and now even with terrain pre caching set to ultra the 32GB RAM I have, seems not well exploited.

2 Likes

Yes it happens the same to me, there a huge fps drop; it goes on just for some seconds but it’s pretty ugly and immersion braking. This is going on since SU5; almost 6 months now and it seems too much for me.

4 Likes

I get the stutters no matter what graphic settings or camera view. Constant stuttering. Incredibly annoying. Only noticed this ridiculous issue since SU7

6 Likes

Please guys upvote this; everyone is having this issue, even if you don’t notice it or it doesn’t bother you.
Thank you.

8 Likes

I also have this same graphics stutter problem but it is more noticeable since SU7. I see the cpu max out at 100% when I pan the interior or exterior camera views. The gpu is only at 50%. Is there a setting to balance cpu vs gpu load?
#PC Microsoft Store version, Not dev Mode, FPS drop when panning camera, Sound crackle at same time, Move/Pan the camera inside a cockpit or outside the cockpit.

3 Likes

I have the same problem!! it happens mainly after 1 or 2 hours into the flight and also the Audio Stutters badly with panning stuttering, really hope that they fix this annoying problem.

1 Like

This is exactly what happens to me couple of hours into any flight with any aircraft ( even the light pistons) i hope this problem goes with the next update!

3 Likes

I just voted. there is something seriously wrong whenever using the camera. external, drone panning etc. I just did a flight KSEA-KSAN and got to gate and when I turned off engines and just simply looked up within the cockpit camera and bam CTD! not to mention stutter city everywhere I go. its only when I use the camera I get stutters and CTDs…very frustrating

2 Likes

Update - Additional testing - I set graphics settings to low and turned off some of the settings. Still get the graphics Stutter with the CPU heavily loaded, when panning interior or exterior cameras. The GPU is less than 50% load during the stutter.

Prior to SU7 I was flying with graphics setting on high and only occasionally noticed graphic stuttering. It was usable.

My #PC system i7-7700HQ 4 core, 16 Gb Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gb dedicated Ram.

2 Likes

Guys vote here too please we should try fix it

1 Like

Hey guys,

so since the last sim update I am experience severe stutters when looking around in cockpit and outside. It used to be very smooth at a point but something has changed and is causing these hickups. Im running windowed mode on 1440p (for tabbing out) and this problem exist no matter what aircraft, airport or addon I use, also with community folder being empty. The new offscreen loading setting is set to ULTRA. I tried clearing caching or disabling it. Im limiting to 45fps via Nvidia Control panel. Stutters are basically freezes, sometimes half a second long.

Specs:
Windows 11 21H2
ASUS Prime-X570 Pro
Ryzen 7 5800X
RTX 2070 Super
32GB-3200 RAM

All drivers (chipset, GPU, sound etc.) are up to date, same with BIOS. My system was freshly installed two months ago with the release of Windows 11. I did experience perfectly smooth sim with Windows 11 some updates ago. Other games are running fine, temperatures are also fine (max GPU: 72C, CPU: 70C)

Anyone has any ideas I could try?

Cheers
Kevin

In my last two flights I have had to cut them short because of this exact issue. I’m halfway into my 3 hour flight and all of a sudden every mouse movement inside the FD to the camera outside are delayed. So I wait it out, I pause the game, anything to see if it just needed to catch up some how and nothing worked. I didn’t have this issue until last few days. I wish I could help you, I also would be curious if others have had this recently

There’s a good chance that if you have a Nvidia card, it’s a driver issue.

There are many posts about it.

You can rollback to the Oct version or try turning off the Hardware Accelerator Graphics switch in the Windows display settings.

If you do the latter, you will also have to reduce Ultra to High.

It worked for me and also stopped the CTD’s.

Yeah maybe I will try that. All my drivers are up to date but for sure if others say they are having the same I will look into that setting. Thank you. I have found that recently I have new problems in every single flight I take, its become very frustrating. I love this sim, but every update seems to bring so many other problems to it.

2 Likes

Agree, but this time it looks like Nvidia screwed up.

2 Likes

So I tried disabling Windows hardware acceleration and off-screen pre caching to High. Both didnt have an effect. I will try to use the 496.76 driver version next.

It’s the sim graphics setting to high. Not the pre-cache.

I have a GTX1660 Super and have to fly in Medium mode.