Stutter --- i5-9600K / 3070 / 24Gb / G2 / MS Store

Hmm looks good. You have stuttering NOW ?

this was LSGS to LFHZ - default scenery.

Yup i’d say so - getting 35fps desktop and 15-20fps in VR, latter depending on LOW vs ULTRA settings.
I’ve also downloaded latest NVIDIA drivers (466.63)
and reset all to default.

Ok; will run an approach on LFZH

1 Like

LFHZ (Megeve/MontBlanc)
but sincerely doubt that is the issue. Getting the same when departing EHAM

this is lfzh

no runway
try the other one

No stuttering; check the graphics settings; set vsync on and the fps to 30 fps

1 Like

i’ve always heard v-synch would increase stuttering, but will try.

You need to display your cpu usage by logical core, and not this average value which mean nothing. My guess is, like nearly everybody, one of your core reach 100% and the other ones are lower, hence the fake average of 60/80%, hence the stutters

I have an i7 10700K so 8C/16T and I have the physical core #7 (logical #14 & #15) maxed at 100%, with my processor OC at 4,9Ghz all core.

Edit : you should see 6 core (6 Threads) with your i6 9600K

1 Like

that is why i also run Open Hardware Monitor - this is the zoomed in portion of the CPU result as show in original picture - three colums: Current Minimum Maximum.
#6 is running higher than rest yes, but not maxed out.

The readings are not correct, i seen this before on my old system (8600k). With this cpu you are in MSFS cpu limited. You can see that on your gpu usage, too
I changed to a 8c/16 and it’s a much smoother experience. One thread is overly used and therefore it slows down everything else, see DX11 common limits.
Your RAM is running slow for what you want to do with your G2
 and you should make sure that ram is always 2 Sticks with same size to let it run in DualMode. Single stick or mixed config will hurt you almost everytime.

High IPC of your CPU and high throughput of RAM is crucial in MSFS
Additionally there are many videos related to G2 issues on Youtube
:blue_heart:

1 Like

Thanks - not sure if i want to fork out money for a i9 9th gen. Might go for 10th then, but that requires new MOBO too. + memory
 you’re talking a 500-700 upgrade :frowning:

You could wait for the performance update announced yesterday
 Memory increase would be good anyway.

i think you have a point on #6 :confounded:
And i’m not even flying now, just on opening screen selecting activities!!

2 Likes

Ok, should have read to the end before posting

Taking a log file with GPU-Z is good idea anyhow. It is in GPU-Z → sensors → log to file

Start logging before you start msfs. You can log the whole flight or until the stutter start.

haven’t used GPU-Z in a while. WIll do so and share findings.

You won’t get a happy end with that 6 threads, i see over dense areas up to 10 threads working pretty hard and 3-4 with light load
 Even my new 5800x with 16threads tops out with a usage of 60% over dense areas

Even with DX12, i would change it. As i said, was at the same point with my 8600k
 Intel and AMD has some reasonable offerings. MB for 150 bucks + 10700k should be the cheapest solution. If Ryzen, consider only the newest generation, due to IPC

I know, it sucks but there’s a reason that so many complaining performance, the sim is just demanding as hell, but in my opinion it gives back
 :blue_heart:

The problem with Hardware Monitor and a lot of monitoring tools, is the granularity. In between too display of around 50% usage you can have the core maximized at 100% and the tool missed that. Creating a log file is indeed a good idea, but as you see the task-manager is also good to catch that. In any case you can lower the pressure on this core by lowering refresh rate of instrument, lowering LOD, etc. play with settings and see the influence, you’ll find easily some guides around here showing which settings are more cpu than gpu intensive.

here are the results in xlsx. Not very telling i’d say.

i’m an intel guy, maybe i’ll take the plunge.
not quite there that.