Stutter inflight on departure and arrival

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Stutters on departure and arrival. Normally around 5000 feet above the ground. Happens 1-3 times during a flight. “Lags” for about a second of so, and then normal. No stuttering on ground or in general. Frames around 30-60 fps.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just taking of.

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

Nvidia 4090, firmvare 531.29 (I’ve had newer versions, but saw the advise on reverting). Same issue on all recent firmwares.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

AMD Ryzen 9 7900X, 64 GB RAM, Asus TUF x670x wifi, Virpil joystick and throttle (had logitech with same issue before), Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard, Samsung SSD 2TB

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Last two months. Don’t know the different versions

Before writing this post I’ve tried multiple steps to improve/fix this myself.

• DX12 and DX11 = no change
  • V-sync on and off = no change
  • Reduced overall graphic settings = no change
  • Cleared DX cache (Nvidia temp folders) = no change
  • Limited frames to 70 in Nvidia panel + set it to performance mode = no change
  • I’ve deleted rolling cache and set limit to 30 GB = no change
  • Photogrammetry set off and on = no change

I’m really don’t know what else to check/do. The only thing I’ve got close to, is perhaps something bluetooth related. I can sometimes trigger it by clicking my keyboard (it think it sleeps to save battery). But in the bluetooth setting on Windows, I’ve set it to no be allowed to be turned off to save energy.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hi.

Have you tried removing all add-ons and clearing the community folder?

A reply from Asobo I received about the thread here called “long haul performance degradation bug back?” (or something like that…

Blockquote
You can also try the following to see if it helps:

• Delete and turn OFF rolling cache

1. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
    2. Go to Options > General
    3. Go to Data
    4. Scroll to the bottom and go to Delete Rolling Cache File. Click on Delete
    5. Confirm your choice by selecting OK
    6. Turn rolling cache “OFF”
  • Go to Options > General Options > Traffic

• Turn all “Airport Life” and “Land and Sea Traffic” sliders to 0

I’ve tried deleting Rolling Cache File without any effect. All the “Airport Life” sliders already were at 0, but I’ll try with the “Land and Sea Traffic” sliders.

Thanks for helping

Well… trying to, anyway.

Asobo should pause add-ons etc, and work on all these issues to get the sim polished.

1 Like

I made the changes to “Land and Sea Traffic” and have not had stutters since. Testet 3 flights, including Gatwick and Amsterdam.

So, might seem that the “loading” or something related to “Land and Sea Traffic” is causing this.

Thank you very much for the help.

I may have spoken too soon. I’ve had a few “stutters/lags” but now mainly when “alt + tab” to view another application, and only once (on ground this time) while not doing anything.

So, it’s improved for sure, but not all fixed.

â– â– â– â– .

yea something has gone broken with SU12 in that area.

1 Like

Anyone else getting stutters on approach, departure and sometimes one the ground? I really don’t understand why this is happening and I tried “all sorts of settings combinations”.

I have a high end system (4090, 64 gb ram etc.), so I’m wondering if others also get stutters on most flights (not all the time, once or twice during approach, a few times on ground, and maybe on departure).

Same deal, 4090 on 536.99 get a random pause every few minutes between my 110-130fps in DXT12

Hi recently updated to 536.99. That did not seem to have any update on stuttering, but didn’t make anything worse either (that’s good).

However, I did a clean install over the 536.99 and then did two things, caping frames to 62 (already had this earlier), and set low latency to ultra in Nvidia control panel.

In addition to the low latency I deactivated rolling cache in MSFS. So the last two things (latency and rolling cache) is the new thing I’ve tried.

First test improved stuttering a lot. Only very very briefly on the ground after landing. None on the approach. Still to early to conclude, but interesting. Would you @DJSean001852 wanna try the same thing to see how that goes for you?

Seond test into Istanbul. Still not completely free of the stutters on far approach, but better.

Yes i have also with 4090 and 5800x3d. See anti-spikes with cpu:

1-2 seconds freeze every 15 seconds. Unplayable atm. Have tried diffrent drivers but allways the same.

2 Likes

I noticed that too a few dqys ago. Every 1.14 min I get a hard mainthread spike with a result in a 1 sec hard pause. I didnt change anything from the prior day. I tried everything, even did a fresh install of msfs but I cant get rid of that. Also on DX11.