Stutter/out of focus/double image when turning

My PC is a 9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070 and I prefer a smooth fluid image when looking out the side window - this is almost required when flying the freeware helicopter (Hype H135) when you do yaw rotation during hover. Therefore, I have to run ASW either at 18fps (one-fifth of 90) or recently I have changed to 24 fps (one -third of 72Hz). That means that I use the Oculus Tray Tool instead of ODT so that I can choose 18FPS. It’s too bad that the pulldown options for ASW are listed as 45,30,18 instead of one-half, one-third, one-fourth, one-fifth since it really is a downcount of your chosen refresh rate of the headset. I also notice that the Tray Tool settings for ASW actually lock the downcount better than just hoping for your frame rate to “settle in”. Yes, I do not like the image artifacts of ASW, but when ASW is providing a smooth sidelook image at low altitude, it just improves the feeling of flying for me.

1 Like

What is important with quest 2 is to use a narrow FOV in OTT (I use 0,65x0,65) and I use too ASW at 30hz and lock my freq at 24HZ (1/3 of 72Hz). This setup give me a good smooth fly with a 3070 Ti and
I7-10700F (unlocked).
If I fly in a spare scenery I use also SS at 1.15 in crowded scenery I disable the SS.
Lately I am testing the NIS program but I didn’t found a good setting until now.

1 Like

Could this be due to HAGS, hardware accelerated GPU scheduling? For a time, I used to get a few extra frames with it on, but in the last few weeks realized it really causes a very similar stuttering/juddering affect to what you mention here, so I switched it and game mode back off and rebooted. It really helps to have it off, at least for my system (5950X, RTX 3080)

I have same effect here, impossible to read taxiway marks, for example. Happened to me with oculus2 and now with Reverb G2. Tried every refresh rate and reprojection option without any success, no matter quality, frame limiting, game mode or HAGS on or off (and rebooted) or FOV or precache configuration. Anyone has solved this and can help? Thanks!

Had those same issues for months with my Q2 and G2. Just last week I took the advice of YouTube’s “2020 FS’ers” and have some incredible results! I’m finally getting smooth performance!!! So thrilled that my stutters and jitters in the headsets have finally got resolved!
(i7-10700, RYX3080, 32g)

Good afternoon!!!
Sorry i have not been posting but i have been reading all the comments and i was still working on getting the game to run properly. TODAY IS THE DAY!!!. Finally got it to run buttery smooth. Ill be making a tutorial on how i arrived to this solution soon. But for those having the stutter issue try this
In windows volume mixer settings change the output audio from oculus to speakers or whatever else u have available, yeah its a bummer cus u need to wear headphones or use speakers but not a huge deal.
See if that helps.
The second thing is watch this video and follow instructions and see if it helps. IT has made a 100% improvement in mines. Now when i bank or pitch there is ZERO jitter or stutter, its just like real life buttery smooth.

1 Like

This fix is only for win11 not for win 10. When I installed win 11 i try this fix but didn’t work for me and moreover is boring to play everytime with this window.
I rolled back to win 10 and now I solved any problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.