Stutter testing (memory leak?)

As I’ve been witnessing a more common occurrence of FPS dips and stuttering on final even though when taking off was originally smooth at the same airport I thought I’d test some things.
The setting is Shoreham Airport (my hub) and to fly East along the coast, turn in land and come back again.
I’m using the Inibuilds Shoreham for scenery and the Freedom Fox P42 ac.

Initially I took off in the freedom fox and when I returned to Shoreham massive stutter and degradation of FPS was spoiling the experience so I landed and loaded up the same scenario but using the default Savage Club.

After performing an almost exact path of the Freedom Fox I ventured back to Shoreham… but this time no stutters at all and perfect FPS with no drops whatsoever.

I have done this test a few times with these exact results.

Initially I presumed it was the scenery loading in (inibuilds Shoreham) causing this but using the default ac this disproves this so it’s looking more like add on aircraft are causing this, what looks like, some type of memory leak.

This isn’t to say the Freedom Fox isn’t the culprit as I haven’t tested any othe ac with this but it may explain the stuttering etc that can occur out of nowhere when on final.

Try it without the scenery and a default aircraft. 3rd party stuff of any sort are often the culprit in SU9, even if they worked fine in SU8.

(memory leak?)

You ran out of memory?

Both default and third party ac were tested plus default scenery (obviously) and payware (third party).

Nope… have been checking on task manager etc and video plus system ram all good!!

Well then… That’s not how memory leaks work!!

1 Like

Ermmmm… ok. Yes we all know about infinite loops etc but not all memory leaks show in task manager!! So anyway ,maybe if some others can test this it could possibly lead to some discoveries.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.