Stuttering after the Hotfix version 1.15.8.0

For the first time I could load a flight around Paris using the least demanding default GA Aircraft but it was a slide show on my System once close to the Photogrammetry area of the city and then MSFS was unresponsive. Same for UK update.

Unless I was dreaming, in the early days of MSFS, I used to fly over default photogrammetry with fair performance on my system vs same settings. Now it lags a lot around Photogrammetry. Even default ones.

Something probably changed in the way it loads now or LOD or servers side. Who knows.

Does not make any difference, North and west servers

I don’t use the West anymore. I preferer the Asia, that works well at the moment. 40FPS with all new updates FS, Win, Nvidia…

The problem can be solved temporarily by turning off multiplayer

5 Likes

It’s because no online users i think. If you turn off MULTIPLAYER mode in DATA - then FPS growing up

With multiplayer ON (lots stuttering)

With multiplayer OFF

Yep. Turning off increase FPS and removing stutters

The problem can be solved temporarily by turning off multiplayer and also real Air traffic also it also helped bing map with Photography guess can anyone with their xbo server

Yes, deactivating multiplayer helped! New feature as it seems…

Same issue here. Load into the simulator and every 2 sec, the stuttering begins. It’s impossible to turn the camera around and run through the checklist without the stutters messing everything up. Turning multiplayer off helps temporarily? So if I turn multiplayer back on, will the stuttering start again?

Yes that’s how it is

I will try to opt out updates by limiting data download. not sure, just an idea (it askes always before updates on data amount, so getting this parm down may be an option)

Uninstal the last windows update have fixed, for me, the issue

1 Like

I read news about this update affecting a lot of games. Not sure how/when Microsoft is going to fix it.

I have the same issue here, i will try to uninstall the KB, thanks for the help. :slightly_smiling_face:

I loaded back into my sim after getting frustrated with the stutters. It’s for sure a server issue with multiplayer like you guys have said. Sometimes its working fine when I log in, other time’s it stutters. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Like everything else, it will get fixed.

Hmmm…this is interesting…Anyone thought about FBW and multiplayer usage. I wonder if other players are possibly flying/using FBW variants in the msfs environment is impacting the performance of the sim.

I did a few flights last night with both multiplayer and AI traffic off and the horrible FPS and stutters were still there in San Diego, LAX and JFK. It mostly happens on approach into the airport.

Specs
2080TI
I9 9900K
32GB Ram

Can confirm a huge, immediate performance increase uninstalling KB5001330. <30% GPU usage to >95% GPU usage now.

I had multiplayer disabled.

It’s worth noting that the KB5001330 update for Windows 10 is mainly a security update that addresses quite a few potential vulnerabilities within the operating system.

Everyone’s free to uninstall it again of course but even if that update is the culprit that causes the stutters, personally I’ll wait for either Asobo to update the sim or Microsoft to release another update for Windows that might fix the issue.

1 Like