Stuttering caused by use of Simconnect. Watch out

So after a lot of testing for hours< finally found out what was causing the extreme stuttering. It’s anything that uses Simconnect right now. Applications like FlightEvents or LittleNavMap they both cause extreme stutters so for now best to not use anything that uses Simconnect until it has been fixed by Asobo.

3 Likes

Confirm. IVAO Pilot Client (Altitude) is causing some serious stutters (drops to 13~14 fps according to the dev FPS indicator), rendering the sim unflyable.

3 Likes

Yeah it can get really bad, i use Flightevents a lot but had to stop using it for now, such a shame because its a great app and so nice to use specially online with others

Same problem with FSEconomy and Tacview. Other people seemed to report them being okay, I wonder if there’s some particular trigger that sets off SimConnect issues.

This was an issue with one of the alpha releases and was subsequently fixed. Has it returned again?

I was using fseconomy with no problems will have to try again

Definetly reported within IVAO and VATSIM clients. Maybe some specific API methods being used?

So, how to unninstall SimConnect?

You dont, yiu just dont use any apps that use it for now until its fixed

1 Like

Not using SimConnect but am seeing occasional drastic drops in fps. Capped to 30 fps in NVidia panel (this helps), run as admin (not sure about this).
Watching the Task Manager closely the CPU nominally sits at 75% and the GPU at 80%. When it stutters bad the CPU goes to 100 the GPU to 20 and the Eithernet is super active. When all three happen fps tanks. Alone the CPU can go to a 100 and there is a slight drop but add Eithernet activity and wham.

I found out that disabling the V-Sync increases the FPS… For some reason. And I am using RivaTuner to limit the FPS externally.

Not helping with SimConnect though.

Yep Vsync is bad news. For me setting the fps cap in the sim was useless had to do it in control panel.

vsync is indeed also a problem, i disabled it and in nvida control panel set my vsync to fast. Works perfect.

Does anyone have a FIX dor this issue? Ir is really bothering me

There is now fix, Asobo is working on it soon as they fix it we will get an update

not this month…they tell in the news.

Great to hear… Thank you…