Stutters and Jerks since SU9

Have been experiencing severe stutters and jerks within the game since the latest update. Panning the view, or movement results in stutters and jerky movement in the sim. Cannot seem to rectify even when setting everything to low. I had a pretty smooth sim experience prior to this update, now it’s almost unflyable.

3 Likes

I get the exact same thing and I’m frustrated too. It worked fine until the last update. Guess we will just have to wait for an update to fix it.

2 Likes

Try deleting the rolling cache. Sometimes the rolling cache causes severe stuttering issues for me. I don’t know why. I had it on a fast SSD. Seems like a bug.

1 Like

Here is the corresponding thread in the bugs section in case you missed it.

Same problem here. I still have an average of around 60fps but there are regular stutters and fps drops down to 5fps. Once I also had a 5 second freeze. I deleted the rolling cache after the update like I always used to do.

After restarting the game 2 times it seems to have gotten better but the problem still isn’t gone.

1 Like

By chance, are you using the “Toolbar Pushback” mod by AmbitiousPilots? A ton of people are reporting stutters when this mod is in their community folder.

Since around sim update 8, I have been having long pauses or freezes that would happen once every two minutes or so and they last from 3 secs to 45 secs or until I click off of my main screen over to my second screen (or just double tab my windows key on my keyboard). Shifting focus to anything other than the sim would snap the sim back to life.

I tested the new update with the new “The Apennines” bush trip. I did about two hours of flying with the Toolbar mod in my folder. I had pauses/freezes constantly. I searched the forums, heard about the Toolbar Pushback problems and decided to test the sim again, this time without the Toolbar Pushback mod in my community folder. I did the next 2 hours of the bush trip with zero stutters, pauses, or freezes. I was getting silky smooth 60-70 fps. After I removed the Toolbar Pushback mod , everything works fine.

Lots of people reporting issues with the mod on it’s download page at flightsim.to. I figured if you have this mod installed it might be worth a shot to try without it.

Think I’ve resolved the issue, at least temporarily. I don’t use Toolbar Pushback, because it locks my parking brake permanently.
If you have an undocked window, such as ATC, open on another screen. Close it, then re open it and the stutters go. It’s only temporary, because they come back after about an hour of flight, so you’ll need to repeat the process, but it’s a simple solution that works.