Stutters when panning around since SU9

Hello everyone,

I also had this problem for a long time (FPS around 40-50 when I was not moving and stutter when I was moving the camera) and nothing I found on the net solved my problem (turn off Traffic, turn off NDU etc), until I decided to completely uninstall my Nvidia drivers with the DDU software.

I then reinstalled them then launched MSFS and miraculously I had no more stutter… until I restarted Nvidia Geforce experience and then the stutter came back…

So it was Nvidia Geforce experience that was causing the problem for me.

I reinstalled the drivers again properly WITHOUT GEFORCE EXPERIENCE and the stutter have now completely disappeared. I wanted to share this trick because I searched, searched, searched for a long time so if it can help someone :slight_smile:

I always thought that Nvidia Geforce experience was ■■■■, now I have proof of it and I wouldn’t install it anymore.

GOUJE#3092

EDIT 17/08/2022 :

It worked all day yesterday, restarting the game several times and it was working fine…
Today, i relaunch MSFS (without reboot my computer) It doesn’t work anymore…
Now, to avoid stuttering, I have to reinstall the drivers and the stuttering disappears. If I restart the game a second time, the stuttering starts again… I don’t understand anything… I’m tired… I spent the whole day looking for why… If I want to play correctly now, I have to reinstall my graphic drivers each time I launch MSFS.

Bumping this again as it’s still occurring.

It’s not a bug. Provide a screenshot showing the devmode fps counter and post your full specs, there are several on here that may be able to advise.

1 Like

I’m up to date with the forums both beta and normal. I appreciate the offer, but I’m not here for tech support (I do that professionally), more just adding another data point to the ongoing issue.

I also have had (am having) the same problem as a lot of posters on this thread. I actually had them go away, then without any changes to the system, the micro stutters came back. Every 3 seconds, I will get a 1/2 second stutter.

All my drivers are up to date, Gforce experience is not installed. Wish I could remember what I did to correct this. I have turned down my settings, This happens in 2D and VR does not matter. I am getting 50-60 FPS on a consistent basis, does not matter where I am flying.

I have flown in my hometown from KCRG to KJAX on a regular basis, the micro stutters are there every 3 seconds for 1/2 second. In Dev mode, it is all green until the micro stutter strikes, the FPS drops from the 50-60 ranges to the low 20’s then 1/2 second later, everything is fine.

Specs are Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Any suggestions are appreciated.

I don’t yet I also don’t stutter when panning … something here doesn’t add up.