Stutters when panning around since SU9

Since SU9 I experience heavy stuttering when moving around the camera. The stutters appear especially when looking at the scenery. So for example If I pan around the camera when looking at the Overhead panel or at the floor, the Frame Rate stays smooth.

See Video below.

Edit: Stutters are also present when all mods are deactivated.

Edit 2: The stuttering seem to occur at the same time when the reflections are flickering.

And those flickering issues are mostly visible when panning the camera, so there could be a correlation between those issues.

4 Likes

Are you running DX11 or DX12? DX12 can cause stutters on some systems.

The only way I’ve found to reduce these stutters is to lower my terrain LOD. It doesn’t cure them completely but improves them.

2 Likes

DX11

10 characters

This looks like an excessive memory paging issue to me. Lower the texture setting and put off-screen terrain pre-caching on ultra. 16GB system RAM can also be a problem if your commit charge is high.

1 Like

The AI traffic is also causing that

2 Likes

Thanks for your suggestions. I have pre-caching on ultra already. Changing texture settings unfortunately doesnt help either.

1 Like

AI Traffic is off.

What number is your terrain LOD set to? What is your commit charge in Windows after a restart? Look in task manager performance memory tab near the bottom “Committed”.

1 Like

Hmmmm what was the plane I saw them?

I guess some sort of Static Aircraft. They still get placed around airports even when AI traffic is off.

1 Like

So, the offscreen caching is already at Ultra, you also tried various other optimizations such as the terrain LOD slider, etc, you excluded the possibility of erroneous mods by running the sim with all of them deactivated, etc.

From what I can see on the video you have a GPU with 8GB of VRAM along with 16GB of system RAM, you run the sim in the DX11 mode which excludes the unoptimized DX12 as the culprit and your monitor supports G-Sync/FreeSync that you properly use.

After all the steps you tried, the next thing I’d look for is the configuration of advanced PCIe features within your motherboard BIOS - primarily the Resizable Bar feature, but also 4G decoding, Platform Data Exchange, CPPC settings and eventually just make sure 10bit memory tagging and IOMMU are disabled.

When panning around, all of the stats within the resource monitor in your simulator (CoherentGT, manipulators and the CPU thread that handles the transfer of the final data to the GPU for rendering) indicate a sharp and heavy decline in performance with large spikes of lags within the whole CPU↔GPU stack.
Due to the current design of how the memory is handled, the simulator introduces exactly such lags if we enable the Resizable Bar feature of the PCIexpress that makes the entirety of the graphics frame buffer accessible to the CPU all at once instead of in 256MB chunks as per design.

What is the model of your motherboard and your CPU?
I would like to try and help you resolve your issue.

Anyway, please, provide us with your system’s specs.

2 Likes

Hello,
For questions like, “Is anyone else having this problem?” the best place to ask these questions is the Community Support category. Your thread was moved there.

Hi from Savannah. I have been dealing with awful panning for a while now. Never used to be an issue. Tonight, I happened to notice that “Motion Blur” that I had previously set to OFF was not only back on, but was set to the highest level. I reset the Motion Blur to OFF, and loaded up Renton, which was horrible before… and the problem seems to have gone away! So, check your Motion Blur. If it is on, turn it off, and see if that improves things for you!

My terrain LOD is at 100. Committed Memory amounts to 4.8GB/32.8GB
I have 16GB of RAM

1 Like

Thank you for your assistance. Changing any of my settings didn’t change anything unfortunately.
I am on a laptop without G-Sync or FreeSync functionality.

I have a MSI GE75 Raider 95G with

• i7-9750H

• RTX 2080

• 16GB of RAM

I also have to add that until a few days back everything was working fine and I didn’t have any stutters.
They literally came out of nowhere. Despite a few windows updates, I did not change any settings, whether ingame nor BIOS related configurations.

Hi,
Have you seen this discussion and maybe tried to reduce the pre-caching setting?
For me that has helped. At least with the problem of stuttering when panning around on the ground (on the side opposite the sun)…

Hi after SU9 i’ve been noticing getting bad stutters on the ground at egll that I never had before, it seems like Europe has more stutters than flying around in the united States area for some reason that I have notice or seems like it!

My system is i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz 32gb ram running RTX 2060 Super

2 Likes

Thats true. When I tried out the new Nevada Landing Challenge i recognised the same. In the LSZH area it was almost unplayable, however Nevada was pretty smooth.

1 Like

I agree, since I turned off all AI Traffic, 3rd party/live traffic/ground traffic & generic in the sim my stuttering problem goes away entirely… I just hate how bare the airports are without it. Especially large airports.