SU 7: Checkerboard Artifact

I don’t know if this has been discussed, but after the new update, while panning, there is a “Vsync-like” tear as well as “checkerboard” looking artifact that shows up on either side of the tear.

1 Like

I can’t even start the crj. It just won’t load the flight after 20 minutes.

just restart the sim, it might fix the issue

1 Like

gonna try a system restart.

also try to remove any scaling you could have set. I have had the same issue (also in previous su5 and su6) and it seems to be random.

I experienced the same effect (just after updating to SU7) flying in both the default Cessna Caravan and the new Asobo PC-6 Porter - have not tried the CRJ yet. I shut down the sim, updated to the latest Nvidia driver and I also decided to try disabling the Windows full screen optimisation setting. On relaunching the sim the effect was gone (but I only tested in one short flight back in the new Porter so more testing required yet). Worth a try anyway.

I had weird stair-like screen tearing when moving camera after SU7 and new driver install. I came back to previous driver and waiting if it will come back.

Hey,

Any luck with finding a fix for this?

Thanks

I found that restarting the computer, full shutdown, fixed the issue.

1 Like

Been suffered this occasionally for months actually, so it’s not new issue, i’ve always restart the sim in this case and it’s gone. I even have doubt that my GPU is broken somehow.

RTX 3090 with latest driver always.

Setting anti-aliasing in the General Options - Graphics to something other than TAA “fixes” this.

I’ve done a couple more hours in the sim now following the changes I made as above (this time in the Milviz Porter though it does not sound like this issue is aircraft specific). I’m pleased to say it has not re-appeared. I have always had AA set to TAA and still do.