SU12 Beta

Does anyone have an idea when the SU12 beta might commence? Next week?

2 Likes

No one outside of Microsobo and first parties know. And they’re not sharing that info until they’re ready to launch.

I’d say likely not before the next World Update. Which won’t leave much time at all because SU12 is literally scheduled for 3 weeks after the world update.

SU12 is scheduled for mid-March, but they said if necessary for longer Beta testing, the public release date would be pushed back.

2 Likes

I would not count on next week. Likely some ressources are currently bound on investigating the server issues.

Maybe it will be the week after or the months end already - probably we’ll get a date in tomorrows dev update.

2 Likes

Also my thoughts – after the q&a it sounded like maybe we might see it not this week but the next, but now if I had to bet on it I’d push it back one more week.

1 Like

If the beta is not good, they might also delay SU12 further, like it happened before on previous SU.

1 Like

In last weeks Development review it sounded like it was imminent

I sure hope they delay it for as long as it takes to really fix the sim Then beta it for a couple months minimum. After this last update, that was beta tested was a huge failure. I don’t understand their process. If you are allowing beta testing take the results and fix what’s wrong before you just release because a schedule tells you to. Should only update 2 times a year. Beta them for 6 months and when everything is working correctly…release it. Why must they release so many hasty updates a year? Fix what you have now. It’s gonna take a while I’m sure. Every update is stressful and annoying because I know it’s gonna cause me headaches and time to try and get the sim working correctly again.

7 Likes

When is the WU scheduled to be released?

The scheduled date is Feb 23.

1 Like

WU12 is scheduled for release on Feb/23/2023. Development Roadmap

2 Likes

Well, considering Asobo waited until the very last day of January to release AAU1, they’re pretty bad at “being on time.”

Yes, they did say it would release in January, and it did, but stretching it to the last minute isn’t a good look.

I suspect SU12 will be the same.

2 Likes

There has been some movement today in the MSFS Steam depot: https://steamdb.info/app/1250410/depots/

Screenshot taken just now (9 Feb 2023, 10:32 UTC)

This usually means they’re preparing for the rollout of a new release, most likely SU12 beta in this case. I’d expect it within the next 1-2 days, might take longer though if they find a showstopper that prevents beta testing.

Anyway, this is just slightly better than tea leaf reading, so take it with a grain of salt :wink:

13 Likes

Very excited, maybe today or tomorrow! Fingers crossed

3 Likes

That’s correct. I was thinking of SU12 in my earlier reply. Fixed…

1 Like

Seems like an imminent release, new movement, atr_test and qa_upload_future

4 Likes

Be super dope if it came out soon. I’d enroll.

1 Like

You can enroll anytime you’d like, then as soon as Beta 12 drops, your Sim will automatically install it.

2 Likes

Yep! Been on the beta train since SU9, kept it going for the LOD improvements on Xbox with SU11, and unenrolled once GA dropped and I saw it was bug-free. Might wait for a second or third build with this SU12 go-around - I know there’s quite a bit going on under the hood here.

1 Like

qa_upload_future doesn’t meaningfully correspond to updates as far as I’ve been able to tell – it’s really qa_upload and test_gl you want to watch. More than half of the time if those change we get an update/patch within 2 days but I’ve also seen it go longer if they’re sitting on content before some release date.

My guess at this point is that we’ll see the beta toward the end of next week but that they want the weather issue totally out of the way before releasing it so that signals aren’t getting crossed with the feedback they’re getting, especially since SU12 introduces cloud/turbulence interactions. From the weather bug thread as of like an hour ago Asobo thinks they finally fixed it pending feedback over the weekend.

6 Likes