SU12 Cessna Caravan ~ Can't press radio panel or ADF radio buttons

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

no add-ons installed

Brief description of the issue:

Canā€™t press com buttons. No buttons on the com panel are accessible. I can change and activate frequencies, for example, putting in the ATIS frequency on COM 2, but I canā€™t turn them on. It works ok in the Cessna 172, but it does not work in the Grand Caravan. I have absolutely no add ons.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Mouse over the COMS panel between the PFD and the MFD

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes.

No indications in the 208 that any comm panel buttons are being selected. The C-172/Garmin works correctly, including allowing you to show indicators for monitoring the comm radio not selected for mic.

Yes

Panel appears dead. Buttons do not illuminate. Mouseover does not produce tooltips. There is no button animation.

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

The button at the radio Control Panel and the ADF instrument dosenā€™t work since SU12

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Not able to klick on the buttons and white indicators(on/off) are disaperead The ADF is complete ā€œofflineā€

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

since Su12

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Hello!
Passing along a message that was received from QA that they werenā€™t able to reproduce.

Question:
Is your ā€œGarmin G1000 Nxiā€ package up-to-date with no mods?

Thank you!

Thanks for the info.
Not sure whatā€™s going on. Iā€™ve deleted and reinstalled the 208, and Iā€™ve never had anything in my community folder. I have version 0.14.0 and 1.1.5 for the NXi, with no updates shown as available.
I tried it with all the MS/Asobo liveries removed and just using the default livery. Iā€™ve never had any liveries that werenā€™t provided in one of the updates.
As noted, the NXi comm panel in the 172 Garmin version works fully as expected.
I really donā€™t want to try it after deleting the WUā€™s, CUā€™s, and any removeable parts of the sim updates to see if that has any effect on it.
So just no idea why itā€™s having this issue.
Thanks

1 Like

Confirming and addingā€¦ I moved my Community folder to the desktop to ensure no conflicts. My audio panel and ADF are unclickable as well.

But I also found one other issue that may or may not be related. The CB/SW Panel light knob has click spots, and those work, but the knob has no sound and is not animated. I also noticed that the audio panel has no back lighting.

2 Likes

I can confirm that the MID-Panel and ADF does not work.

I noticed that the caravan was changed with SU12. Thus, to get a clean install, I also tried to uninstall, cleared caches, installed only the main-package, then the other liveries step-wise, but these ā€œbuttonsā€ are not clickable.

Also If we open the dev-mode we can see lots of errors related to the " MID " Panel. Also sending events manualy seems change nothing.

If we compare that with the DA40, with a similar setting ( beside of the adf ) , then all works well and not such errors.

Images related to the DA40: I can setup NAV1 with events, no errors

Images related to the Caravan: Event sending not works and Error Messages ( these are similar for all ā€œMIDā€ knobs,buttons )

I assume some what is completly wrong with the MID panel, and the ADF. Therefore also no Mouse-clicks have an effect.

PS : Iā€™am not realy an expert in that dev-mode stuff

@tclayton2k

you mean this one https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/c208-sw-cb-panels-knob-not-turning/499371?u=michamma ? I remember other one, but not sure whether merged in meanwhile.

1 Like

I wonder if thereā€™s an easy way to see what we all have in common on the sim vs. Dev Team configuration.

1 Like

if only the caravan packages are relevant, then I have these versions:

1 Like

Iā€™ll check it tomorrow

Well, I canā€™t help but wonder if this is one of those unrelated package problems. Many of you probably recall how not installing one package that was geographically across the world sim-location wise impacted another airport across the world because someone wrote a code that relied on the missing packageā€™s assets.

In other words, we may all need to get down to the same (Heaven Help Us) package configuration inside the Content Manager. Thatā€™s a darn tall ask, and if it works, doesnā€™t unfortunately get us closer to what the offending (or missing) package might be. Assuming thatā€™s the root cause in the first place.

1 Like

Yep - thatā€™s the one. I never fly this thing since I have the Kodiak, so I donā€™t keep up with complaints on it. I only fired it up today to confirm the com panel/ADF issues.

I also checked my DA40 with an empty Community folder and everything works well on my end. This definitely seems to be an issue with the Caravan.

Here the same, an empty community folder shows the issue with the Caravan.

but I think that will only be the case , if we asssume the problem lies within a ā€œcommonā€ library. I guess its probaly the problem lies within the changes made within the caravan. Therefore also these ā€œnot found eventsā€. But possible is of course, that this MID panel is more or less part of the garmin-lib and the issue is in that - but then: why it works well in the DA40 and why the adf is affected too ? :slight_smile:

same for me :slight_smile: ā€¦ but I knew these sw/cb button bug exist since appr. a year or longer. The product ā€˜maintenanceā€™ of the common airplane packages seems not as good.

I also found the other report which I had in mind, I request a merge: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cessna-caravan-208-knob-animation-bug/507317?u=michamma

Adding a semi-useless comment here to say Iā€™m seeing the same behavior. Really just trying to bump this thread. I recall this happening with the older C208 improvement mod, but I had removed it, and yet the issue remains.

Well this seems to be fully fixed for me in the SU13 Beta!
Regards

1 Like