SU12 low fps

Can you check your resolution setting?
Mine was 4k after installing su12.

What’s the latest on low FPS?

• I’m not using FSUIPC.
  • I cleared the Rolling Cache.
  • I did the Nvidia driver update.
  • I even set my graphics settings back.

I’m experiencing a min 10fps drop with PMDG.
Stuttering continues when getting 65fps even on simple planes.
Now what have you made better with the SU12?

The thing that worked for me was clearing the NVidia shader cash like described above … i did not see that in your actions ?

Hi, I deleted the Nvidia cash files as you said.
Now I’ve done a take off with PMDG. There isn’t much change in FPS but there doesn’t seem to be any stuttering.
Since there are many variables, I will continue to try for 1-2 days.
I hope your advice works. Thanks see you.

Today landed at Chicago with 4fps. Suddenly, after 1 hour fly, next to approach low fps, gpu and cpu work idle.

1 Like

i have the same issue. ive never had this with any of the previous SU’s…just SU12. Ive done all the above . what is goin on ???

I experienced this as well. Went from 50 to 60 fps with Fenix’s A320 to 21 to 35.

In frustration I switched back from dx12 to dx11, and it worked.

Are you using dx12?

Not using dx12. DX11 I’m on

I used to fly with everything on Ultra or high and at airports would get around 30 FPS now sometimes getting 0 at airports, I have greatly reduced setting to medium but the problem goes on. Lots of stutters as well. I have creared the rolling cache, dont use FUSPIC 7

I’ve been having the same issue. All of a sudden got bad after su12… have tried all the tweaks but nothing has helped… other than turning offline AI traffic to OFF.

Same here ! Frustrating . Just posted on this thread here ….

I tried everything. TURN OFF rolling cache and keep it of . I tried deleting and recreating but that was no use. Turn it off works great for me !!

Same here :frowning: had great performance at SU11 it’s now 10 - 20fps lower

2 Likes

After I deleted the Nvidia Shader files, the stuttering problem was gone. But there is an average of 10 fps drop. Although I delete many addons, the fps does not improve.

The sad thing is that users try to solve the problem by themselves. No clear support from Asobo. It’s as if the only job of the moderators is to move the opened files to another place. You can also see this on the forums of the famous addon aircraft company.

It’s good to develop, but people don’t install this program on a brand new pc with every update, more descriptive troubleshooting guides should be officially released.

1 Like

You are correct that users should not have to solve problems by themselves. But I’m not sure what support you are expecting from Asobo. There are about 162 add-on aircraft for the PC. There is no way Asobo can test these aircraft before release. Each developer or vendor should test their products during the beta or as soon as possible after release.

Performance issues should be addressed to the developer or vendor of the problem aircraft. They are in a better position to perform troubleshooting and work with Asobo to fix any issues. Some add-on aircraft are expensive and the price we pay should include some sort of support for their product such as fixing a 10 FPS drop.

IMHO documentation for add-ons is horrible. Each add-on documentation should include installation, operation, troubleshooting, and removal for each product. Changes due to updates should be communicated to users. There are vendors/developers who have excellent documentation and support and for me their products are worth the price.

For example, DX11 vs DX12 support. One add-on aircraft I fly would not work with DX12. Maybe it works now but I’m not going to test it for the developer.

Yep, I would agree. Exactly what I’m seeing. 13900k with a 4090 here.

1 Like

The problem of Asobo shirking responsibility and not acknowledging SU12 graphics performance issues is already irreversible, which is very helpless for ordinary players. The gaming experience has significantly decreased, and there is also a greater lack of confidence in Asobo.

1 Like

Hi, same issue!

I used dx12 all through SU11 and was very happy with it as things seemed much more fluid.

Then with su12 I had HORRIBLE fps. Only thing that made things better was dx11.

1 Like