SU12 low fps

Hello friends, I had su11, it had 50 or 60fps fps
now with su12 I have 25/30fps… I have lost half,
It’s a bit frustrating. It’s supposed to be better.

Does anyone else have this problem?

3 Likes

Hello,
We ask that people not use General Discussion for help, support, or troubleshooting. Please use one of the green Community Support subcategories. I have moved your post to Tech Support.

Clear your shader cache and restart

Samenhere … even high alt cruise less FPS

1 Like

I would recommend everyone go through their graphical settings to confirm that the update did not mess with anything. In my case it didn’t, but you never know.

Nope nothing changed … just checked … get 19fps at FL370 ( pmdg ) … :confounded:

2 Likes

I’m not sure what’s wrong in that case. I’m getting mid 40’s sat on the ramp at London City, with the poorly optimised PG of London sat not too far to the West.

Climb a few thousand feet, and I’m mid 50’s.

What do you get in a simpler plane, such as the 172 in the same scenario?

Do you use FSUIPC? I read there was a bug where it was calling non-existing simvars multiple times a second causing stuttering.

1 Like

Nope no fsuipc

Yeah a simpler plane is slightly better …. But i fly airiners ( normally no issue especially at cruise alt )

1 Like

If PMDG have not released a post-SU12 update, then that might be the reason why.

Keep an eye on the app for new versions to come out shortly. That may solve your issue.

Hmmm. My PMDG Ops Centre reports it cannot contact their server. It may be the updater is out of date, as I hardly ever touch it.

1 Like

I had the exact same problem. A flight 1000 ft. over NYC in my Bonanza that used to run smoothly (60 fps, 12ms frame time) ran poorly after the update (30 fps, 24ms frame time.)

Per the advice of another member in another thread, I deleted my rolling cache, my shader cache, all temp files, and the cache files in:

'C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Cache folder. (MS-Store install.) I don’t have any Manual Cache regions, but I’d delete those files if you do.

I flew the same route after restarting the computer and was back to a very smooth and beautiful 60 fps, 12ms frame time.

(I also updated to the clean nVidia 531.26 driver, and it was very stable. But I don’t think that had anything to do with the return to normal performance. I think it was the cache files. But who knows.)

3 Likes

I have updated

You might want to fill in some of the blanks there for others.

Rolling Cache
C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Shader Cache
There appear to be multiple locations for this, possibly due to driver versions.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/468774/shader-cache-location/

Temp files
Presumably either “C:\Windows\Temp” and/or “C:\Users%USERNAME%\Local\Temp”

Packages
Super vague on this one, but I assume you mean this?
C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\packages

1 Like

So an update specifically for SU12 that came out yesterday has been released then?

If not, then you don’t have an update for SU12, so may be experiencing issues that are new-sim-code & old-plane-code related.

I only have the DC-6 and I can see that the latest file I just downloaded is from February by the looks of some of the files.

1 Like

Yes it was released yesterday and i updated this morning. Version .64 if i recall correctly

1 Like

My Rolling cache is on a RAM Drive, but you can delete it from the General Options/Data page, wherever it’s located.

I used Disk Cleanup to delete the DX Shader cache and the Temp files. Search for ‘cleanup,’ select C: drive, select ‘Direct X Shader Cache’ and ‘Temporary Files’ and run the cleanup.

I was vague on the last item… I meant to point to the cache folder in ‘C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Cache’. Actually, I created a folder ‘Old_Cache’ and moved the files in the ‘Cache’ folder there, just because I wanted those files backed up in case it caused an issue with the sim running.

2 Likes

Clearing shader did help for now i think :+1:

4 Likes

I think that should be a thing to do after every sim update and/or GPU driver update.

I will certainly do it from now on…

1 Like

To bad a simple patch or driver update take a lit of tweaking and workarounds

But will also do this default now :grimacing:

With the update released by PMDG for Parking Break today, the FPS ranging from 40-48 dropped to 30. Things always go bad while you wait for it to get better. I hope it gets resolved.

2 Likes