SU12 Q&A about turbulence and thermal, a joke or not?

:person_facepalming: Sir I have no idea where you’re going? hh I mean have you read the thread? I even shared the weather chart to make the point of the topic as clear as possible. The idea here is not about being focus on “complaining” or even “CFD”. There’s even no need for a wilkipedia definition of CFD. It’s a very complex subject I guess and I won’t be able to add something smart on top of CFD stuff.

Well you say that you can’t even tell if there’s turbulence or not? I don’t know what you mean by that seriously… Of course it is factual that there is no turbulence in CB! The turbulence based on severe weather conditions are definitely not implemented as it was said in the Q&A, how can I be more clear, no idea lol ! Let’s stay focus on the topic which is about the lack of turbulence in clouds, period! And again there’s no turbulence in clouds, nor in CB, nor in TS (definitly not modelled in Live Weather as it was already mentioned) That’s it! (CFD or not!!!) no need to post that CFD is such an important stuff, because there was turb in clouds before CFD implementation in SU X (I forgot which one)

You’re trying hardly to get back on CFD but it’s not the point, as I said the C172 has already CFD included in its belly, I repeat myself again: the Wilga has NPS CFD SBS (I’m not sure if your read the answers to your post?) again it doesn’t change a thing in terms of turbulence in clouds CFD or not (even if they are still working on CFD, even if we already know that CFD will bring such effects in terms of turbulence!) please read some posts about that specific subject, some of users explain it better than me!

There were some turbulence in clouds at the beginning without CFD (not well done represented for sure) but they removed them because of complaints, same for the icing condition effect/impact on the envelop of the plane that instead of fixing it they removed the feature! So the C172 CFD won’t give you any turbulence in clouds based on severe METAR/TAF!!!

Anyway thank you somehow for explaining that turbulence and winds are two different things, I’m not the only one to get it, 7 years in the sky I wish I’m supposed to know that from my PPL to my CPL :pray: and even if that doesn’t make myself an expert in “météo”… And it’s not the topic to defend a vague idea of what turbulence is, it’s about the total lack of turbulence in severe weather conditions in msfs and the danger that should be represented in the sly! Again flyng a CFd C172 in super dark cells without turbulence is totally unrealisitc!!! Not because of CFD but because CB, clouds are just cosmetic! :wink:

Where are you going by that statement? That makes no sense if you alow me to say it this way without being rude of course, please take your time to read carefully the thread made by @HomieFFM about thermals up/downdrafts (very instructive) you may learn some stuff as I’ve learned about some specifities concerning thermals because I’m not a glider pilot, I’ve just learned years ago the miminim required about thermals during my PPL theory so that thanks for this brillant community to feed my knowledge by the way! …
You’ll see that it is very interesting about learning how it goes in this area, even some simmers know better than “classic pilots” about this matter and you will see that it doesn’t work proprelly at all in msfs as you may think and that it’s not just saying “oh I have thermals in my sim why are you complining guys?” great for you if you are happy with how thermals work in the sim currently, same for users who want to fly in severe weather conditions without any turbulence, or by setting “Low Mode” again it’s not the topic.

Just if you want, enjoy reading that thread and you’ll might review your advice as "But the updrafts and downdrafts do exist you should try the default C172 for a few weeks"
:man_shrugging:

Well did I say that it doesn’t exist, I precisely said how unrealisitc up/downdrafts are represented in specific weather conditions means in CB and else, therefore based on their existence! Again there are many posts about the lack of Up/Downdraft that deserve to be read, just give a try before making any hative statement, no need a C172 scientific experience for a few weeks to notice the big issue. I guess that you’ll easily see that up/downdraft are definitly not unlocked as it was said in Q&A and since years! (again which is a part of the thread/topic here) Maybe you have an opinion about what up/downdrafts winds are which is good for you but it’s not about arguing opinions, it’s about fact!
For the last time I can garantee that there is no unlimitted up/downdrafts and thermals are not modelled as it’s supposed to be, fact! In other words my opinion does not change the reality as it is currently in msfs.

No matter if you’re the only lucky one to have up/downdraft unlocked on your magic sim which I doubt (kidding you) Anyways, you have the link below and afterwards if it’s clear for you and if this thread here makes sense then sounds great, it’s cool!!! :pray: :sunglasses:

Maybe you could add your vote, it will help the community, let us know, tks! :arrow_heading_down:

Thermals, Up & Downdrafts - More Realism Updates - Bug Reports & Wishlist / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like