SU13 won't load from Mircrosoft Store

When I open the simulator it stops when it reaches the ‘checking for updates’ and displays a small window showing error code 0x800700a1. If i try to open the sim in administrator mode it displays Game Update Available window and when I press OK it opens the Microsoft store. Once there the upload did not load and displayed ‘x Something Happened On Our End’ .
Has anyone else encountered this problem, and if so is there a fix.

Thanks in anticipation - i’v spent countless hours on google etc trying to find a fix.

Hello!

Your topic has been moved to the Tech Talk subcategory of General Discussion & Community Support for further assistance with this. The General Discussion category is meant for discussions that fall outside our other sub-categories.

You may also wish to check out these other categories for your future posts:

• Aircraft
    is where you discuss current or future planes coming to MSFS as well as assistance with liveries.
  • World
    is where you discuss scenery, airports, and weather.
  • Aviate, Navigate, Communicate
    is where you ask for help with flying.
  • Tech Talk
    is where you discuss installation, graphics, drivers, performance, CTDs, peripherals, and hardware.
  • Menus & Activities
    is where you discuss activities (landing challenges, bush trips, etc), plus anything accessed by the menus including the Marketplace, settings, logbook, cameras, etc.

Trey Setting, Apps FS MS Store - Reset.

Thanks MSFSRonS for your help, unfortunately it has not worked but thanks again.

1 Like

This is caused by an issue within the MS Store. Try the steps listed here:

Note that quite often just using the XBox app as a workaround will work when the MS Store will not.

1 Like

Interesting with seeing your note:
“Note that quite often just using the XBox app as a workaround will work when the MS Store will not.”

I looked at my MS Store (PC & Win 11) and was surprised that it is totally changed.

Now, the only option is to “play” FS2020.

Thanks for the info - unfortunately I have not succeeded in getting the download (SU13) to work and therefor I cannot use the Sim - do you have any more ideas?

Bob

Just a thought - a lot of these checks seem to be Windows 10, I’m using Windows 11
Bob

The steps are similar for both.

I have not seen this particular error with the MS Store (0x800700a1) until two days ago. I am working with another person via Zendesk Support on this same issue. Did you purchase the retail version of MSFS or purchase digitally via the MS Store?

At this point, the only thing that I can think of to resolve the problem would be a PC reset. To do so, follow the instructions detailed in this article: Recovery options in Windows 11

Not sure, is the retail version like a boxed set if so I must have bought the digital version.

Will try the windows 11 recovery options tomorrow and will let you know how I get on.

Thanks Bob

no joy with the latest options - hopefully you will come up with a solution. Incidentally the problem came before the installation of windows 11 so that can’t be the source of the problem.

Any joy with resolving this issue - really missing the Sim?

Can you please update me on the issue with SU13 and the error code 0x800700a1.

Thanks

No idea of what your problem is, but I would try SFC and DISM.
Good luck.

Checking Google gives these responses.
Seems to be an error with the disk drive.

You could try these steps.

Open Command Prompt.
Select “Run as Administrator”.
Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit Enter.
Check the result.

Method 2: Run the DISM Tool.

If the issue persists, run the DISM tool to check the system health to restore the files.

Click on ‘Start’.
Enter ‘Command prompt’ in the Search box.
In the list of results, swipe down on or right-click Command prompt, and then tap or click ‘Run as administrator’.
In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Note: The tool might take 15-20 minutes to finish running, so please do not cancel it.

My apologies for the delay in response. Our main focus at MSFS Support is customer support issues that come through the https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/ portal, and we will try and assist people on the community forum as time permits. The beginning of the week is usually busiest due to answering the weekend’s requests.

The Windows recovery options - did you perform a reset or something else? A reset will get Windows back to it’s pristine state and is the preferred method.

Also, have you been able to try the XBox app as a workaround? On your Windows device, select Search on the taskbar, type Xbox, and then select it from the list. If the app isn’t installed, you can get it for free from the Microsoft Store.

Get the Xbox app for Windows

Be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the account that was used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Hi, I have the same problem. I am on Windows 10 and have the MS store version installed (not Steam).

The XBOX app workaround does not work for me. It sees that there is a mandatory update, gets to the update progress bar for the blink of a second without actually installing the update. When I try to start the game from MS store or XBOX app I see the error code 0x008700a1.

I have already emptied the Community folder and I think the ultimate step would be to reinstall MFS, but I am really hesitating on that because it would require a lot of time to get all the 3rd party addons installed again.

Also, when I look closely at the update progress bar that only shows for ca. half a second in the XBOX app, I see that it tries to install 157 GB. This looks like it wants to install the whole game again?

One additional thing I found:

The XBOX app says that MFS is installed in “D”. The correct path would be "D:\myMFS". Could this be a sign that there is something wrong with the file location? Or does it usually just show the disk and not the full path? (to see install location in XBOX app go to MFS => click on the three dots … => Manage => go to tab FILES => for me it says here:
“1.99 GB installed on Installed to:
D”
in this format with the same spelling errors as shown here.

Mine shows it correctly.

Although the D: drive only has FS2020 on it and it is over 200GB.

Has anybody already found a solution for this issue? I have tried uninstalling but not even that is working, since it cannot identify the location of MFS…

The suggestion I got from Zendesk is to contact Microsoft support to find a way how to uninstall MFS.