SU5 graphics quality

Definitively the drone camera with DoF IMO.

1 Like

Yes obvious itā€™s the drone camera with DoF enabled. So what? The cloud banding is still clear.

I donā€™t need a picture for cloud banding, I can see it sometimes when I fly. itā€™s not obvious but you see it when you are focus to find it, easily. That donā€™t prevent me to fly in any case, and they will tune that later Iā€™m guessingā€¦ Not a big deal or a show breaker.

I really need the clouds to be fixed. The immersion is taken away flying in and around grainy, shimmering clouds.

3 Likes

All the textures we had before should be brought back

2 Likes

Has anybody actually taken shots showing the effect at different levels of Depth of Field?

Everything Iā€™ve tried, adjusting both focus and DoF, going from Off to Ultra, I canā€™t make any difference in the image.

Depth of field is just for the drone cam yes where you manually change the focus?

Tried to, but couldnā€™t get it to have any effect.

Have you got it to work? Iā€™d be interested in seeing some comparisons, low versus high.

Yes, I have it on Manual mode and have set custom key binds to toggle it on and then to increase and decrease the focus, maybe check your bindings for it

Kinda off-topic unless DoF quality also changed, but you must set the focus mode to auto or manual and be close or zoomed in on the subject.

Difference between low and ultra:

Low:

Ultra:

2 Likes

So, comparing the bottom two images, I canā€™t see any real difference between the two - a slight change of position and a slight change in brightness. A change in depth of field (at least in the true meaning of the term) would result in the runway lights, for example, coming more into focus, although the main focus is still on the plane.

This is an example from a proper camera:

The top image in your post does not really show anything different from the original image under discussion, i.e. the nearer to the camera the object is, the sharper the object. What Iā€™m trying to do is to get the background more in focus, which should be possible by increasing the depth of field.

The contention in the discussion above is that the background is out of focus because of the setting for the depth of field, and the focus. I will believe this when I see an image with the background in sharper focus, but I have failed to produce this myself, and I have seen no other convincing photographs.

With the RX2080 set at high quality, I am getting 50-60 FPS and no micro stutters.

The clouds are horrible since SU5 , very pixilated and unrealistic. BeforeSU5 the clouds like great.

1 Like

Yes you do that by changing the drone focus slider or image center point when auto, but please open a separate topic for this.

The suspicion is that the SU5 graphics quality has been reduced as part of the strategy to improve FPS. This is a continuation of the large discussion above, with one photo showing an out of focus background being dismissed as caused by depth of field setting. My posts are aimed at either proving or disproving this dismissal.

This topic is about the SU5 graphics quality, so this is absolutely the right place for this discussion.

1 Like

Still not seeing any particular issues with cloud reproduction. I am convinced that some of the issues seen are the result of settings. Rightly or wrongly, it has always been required to review and tweak settings after each update to maintain either performance or quality.

Manual drone focus:

No itā€™s not. Just check SubtotalGuide81ā€™s screenshot right above, you can clearly see the banding.
Once again it depends of the clouds formation, lighting, etc. My clouds can be beautiful or really ugly without me tweaking anything in the graphics settings (everything is maxed out anyway).

Really? I am sorry. It is ENTIRELY possible that SOME of the issues that SOME users are having are the result of settings.

I have at no time suggested that some users are not seeing issues. I would NEVER summarily dismiss a possible issue, just because I havenā€™t seen it. Just as I would NEVER preclude any user from seeking a possible solution to their issues by making a blanket statement, like, ā€œNo itā€™s not.ā€

If I have found that adjusting settings has allowed me to maintain the quality I have come to expect, then another user may benefit from my suggestion.

My bad I thought you were talking about the clouds.

I was talking about clouds.

Some have reported poor cloud reproduction, (things like the banding). I have not encountered any update related issues that I was NOT able to correct with some minor adjustments. That does not mean it will be the case for everyone, or all the issues reported, but it does mean that some of the issues, (at least the ones I have seen), can be corrected through settings in either the sim or the GPU control panel.