SU5, It is here

Yes, they announced that.

It should have more FPS and less RAM use.

1 Like

So, this awaited me after launching :laughing:

4 Likes

CTD everytime i try to update i also get connection loss messages
been flying all say with no issues so its def the update now its completly messed up

Itā€™ss a shame the update donā€™t check these files in content manager that need to be updated, and update them along with the rest.

2 Likes

My GPU temp is really loving that main menu :hot_face:

I thought it was only if you had issues that you should do thatā€¦ Never had an issue with it before. Good to know though

grr, iā€™ve been away for an hour only to come back to realize the launcher automatically closed itself. i have to say, msfs2020 is really the worst of the worst experiences regarding ā€œgame launchersā€ and ā€œupdatesā€ from any game ever created.

4 Likes

Seems a little short sighted on their part. Bird in the hand, they say.

So, looking at the screenshot, Iā€™m wondering if I could just not bother with any of those world updates? I only usually fly around SE Asia, anyway. Wouldnā€™t I be okay just going with the large Sim Update? None of the WU have any dependencies to the core sim, right?

1 Like

Interestingā€¦ I have tried capping frames via NVIDIA Control Panel under the profile for this game and have never seen it actually work. Thatā€™s the case for me with other games as well, some it works just fine while with other games it seems to not cap the frames at all.

How come I canā€™t see the download in MS Store?
As of 1:30 EST

Whatā€™s your thoughts, guys?
I mean the improvement

i had to restart the launcher for it to have an effect. the setting is in the nvidia control panel under ā€œmanage 3D settings ā†’ max frame rateā€. i set mine to 120 and itā€™s working in the launcher right now.

Try to reboot if you havent. Somehow it helped a lot of people.

Update completed now the content manager stuff took me 2 and a half hours so far .

1 Like

Probably, yes. But my ā€œOCDā€ tells me to always have everything updated :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I still canā€™t see the download in MS Store as of 1:30 est

I gave up waiting. It was taking ages. Turned my monitor off and went into the office so I wouldnā€™t be distracted. Hope itā€™s ready around 5 or so.

Iā€™m gonna try without.

Not another 2 hours of cooking simā€¦

Try restarting your computer, that helped me at least.