SU5/SU6/SU7/SU8/SU9/SU10/SU11 and Bush Trips

Default status of my ticket is “solved”. Strange even if I create a follow-up it is immediatly “solved” as status… Maybe because of the term “bush trip” :wink:

a moderator or creator of the topic should see a pencil at the top of the whole thread to edit the topic. Then you can add “xbox” as tag.

1 Like

@TemperedPaper48
Please unmark the post from rs38000 as solution, in worst case, Asobo maybe loose the track of this topic

2 Likes

I can confirm this bug, I posted it in the SU6 general discussion thread, and opened a Zendesk report for it (ID 130672). It appears in every bush trip screen as far as I can see (though honestly I didn’t open every single one). I doubt it affects the Bush Trips themselves, but who knows…

Also, for those that don’t know, Zendesk bug reports automatically get the status “Solved” so they are not “open” in their system, indicating they require a response before closing. This is just how they decided to do it. Your report has been received and will be categorised/triaged/handled in some sense, but you will never receive feedback. Direct feedback is only available for game-breaking issues where you need direct support.

It’s arguable as to whether these bugs “prevent you from playing”. They don’t, but yet they do. If another AAA title had a single-player campaign and a multiplayer mode, and one of them didn’t work or all progress was lost/frozen, it would be a pretty big deal and get patched quickly. For MSFS, the Bush Trips and other activities seem very low in priority, and while I recognise that 95%+ of all players’ time is likely spent in ‘free flight’, it’s still an integral part of the game, readily accessible to all, and should not be this broken.

As a next step, I might take snapshots of my bush trip save files before and after each leg, then submit them with a bug report when I next encounter one. Or start comparing the files in Notepad++ myself to look for anomalies. I shouldn’t have to do that and likely won’t find anything useful, but if that’s what it takes, I can work for Asobo for free sometimes - feels like we already do that a lot :smirk: Yet we only do it because we all care for a great sim platform :smiley:

1 Like

I confirm the bug. Before SU6 I was doing Patagonia bush trip. After SU6 I have managed to complete leg 5, then tried leg 6, the log was correctly loaded, but when I landed in the destination airport no completion trigger was shown. Now I can continue the leg 6 but I start on the destination airport, the log is broken and the finish window does not appear. I could try to restart from the previous leg, but I doubt this would fix. My brother is having problems with the trigger of the end of leg window too, in bush trips other than Patagonia.

Can’t finish Nevada bush trip (I started leg 1 before the update). I just finished leg 3, still shows leg 1.
Airports names missing:

In save games you can see there are 3 saves (one per leg)

PSB extension file missing in saves, I have no idea what that file does, but is present in saves of other previous bush trips done.

how does the testing of the MSFS releases work?
Isn’t there an insider preview build being published a few weeks before?
how can the major bush trip bug be unreported and kept through a testing period to the final release?
Don’t they have enough testers or ignoring input or bored insiders that had completed all bush trips a year ago?

3 Likes

With all the basic and crucial functionality that Asobo manage to break again and again for each update… I’m thinking there basically can be little to absolutely no testing done :joy: And if there is, it’s obviously done extremely poorly…

Don’t think I can recall anyone doing QA as poorly as Asobo have managed to do it…

The next QA I hope their community manager, Jayne asks the question about the broken Bush Trips. Can’t we email her about this?

1 Like

I mean, I am - as part of the comminity - willing to help, report bugs early.
Checked the Insider Hub, but the only version I can see is a Reno-Airrace-Only.
May be this is the main focus and having no time for regression testing?

1 Like

Not sure about e-mail, but you can tag any user in a post by writing “@” followed by their username (Jayne’s being “Jummivana”). There’s an admin & moderator list here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/about

But who’s to say the broken Bush Trips are really of any higher priority than any other significant bug? In a way, that’s for the voting to decide. Let’s all try to get it in the next Q&A session.

It would be interesting to know if the Bush Trips are broken for only a small percentage of users (those of us posting here), or all users. We can only guess as things stand - naturally almost everyone in this thread is having problems, but that doesn’t mean others are… :man_shrugging:

Before realizing the broken bush flights is systemic, I wanted to see if I could find ones that work. So, three days ago, I asked the question, “Is there a bug-free bush trip?”.

The number of people posting known good trips was zip, zero, nada. The lack of responses may not prove everyone is having trouble with bush flights but the silence did not rule it out.

2 Likes

Broker for me with the nevada bushtrips too. cant finish a leg

Something wrong with the Finland bush trip. Landed at EFKU (Kuopio) but flight was not checked.
Did the leg for a 2nd time, with the same result. Navlog completely empty.

I have 100% completed 3 bush trips and are currently stuck on 4 bush trips in various legs all showing the same bug - landing at an airport and not receiving a completion trigger.

I had three in progress when the last update went through and all are bugged.

Started the Germany trip and the first airport is not working.

Balkans trip leg 12 bug was recently fixed - only to have the same bug on leg 14 (and also leg 15 from another user).

I like alot of what Asobo do BUT I’m absolutely frustrated by the broken Bush Trips due to SU6 (deleted most of my “broken” saves in frustration).

They’ve become key part of my twice weekly co-op game sessions with my son for the last 12 months, replacing DCS for the most part.

If Asobo want to kill off casual multi-player, they are going the right way about it.

Are Bush Trips going the same way as “SPOTLIGHT events”, is there to be a hot fix, what happen to the internal beta testing that should have picked this up, should I really buy the Reno Deluxe Pack, when the next sim update could make it effectively unsupported/bugged?

I have been using bush trips since day one. Both the built-in ones and ones from flightsim.to. They all worked perfectly until updates 5 and 6. If you do ‘Continue’ after the first leg, the navlog and compass are in agreement for the second leg. At that point I exit to the main menu. The second leg flies fine but it does not register the landing. I’ve seen this happen several times.

2 Likes

What do these so called beta testerd do anyway? Don’t they report this bug. I wonder…

We ( I ) don’t know how the beta testing process is handled.
If everyone is allowed to do what they want, then maybe some bugs will not be discovered.

Best would be if there are dedicated beta test groups to test fixed bugs in the beta version and respond to Asobo.

But I think the beta program is for volunteers and they get not payed for the testing.
Testing at Asobo side should also be done, but we don’t know the staff situation at Asobo/MS side, so we cannot say they dont test proper and so on.

And also have in mind, no one wants to bulild faulty software, it is a da** bug which was not discovered during development. No developer will be proud of it!

Because of the silence from Asobo/ Microsoft on the subject (Bush trips) I almost convinced now that they Don’t know how to fix it…

2 Likes