SU6 release time?

Does anyone know when the update will release tomorrow?

3 Likes

If we take the last updates as refference, maybe around 4pm UTC, but we simply don’t know.

3 Likes

If the CTDs are resolved I’ll be a seriously happy camper.

3 Likes

Well regarding that topic, I think there will still be CTDs after SU6. Asobo is doing their best to get them fixed but as mentioned in the last Q&A, many of the remaining issues are not related to the sim itself. In most cases it’s a hardware/software/driver problem which means Asobo has no direct influence on this and can’t fix them.

5 Likes

One thing I hope everyone takes into account is the fact that some, if not many CTDs, may be caused by server overload. I’m guessing that since this SU advertises so many fixes, everyone will be trying to get the download as soon as they can. IF server overload is a contributor to CTDs, then expect to see a lot of posts stating that “this didn’t fix my CTDs at all” or made them worse.

1 Like

They have historically been at T1500Z.

Sorry had 1300 typeo.

probably best to just take a deep breath and leave the simulator for a few days.
On Tuesday the update will probably take hours.

2 Likes

Really? Was never the case with the Steam edition.

Exactly ten hours from now

Hey, if it’s any help at all, my CTD stopped after i’d installed the experimental version of the FBW320. The Dev version was making the sim crash for me…almost every time. Since switching versions I’ve done 4-5 medium haul flights and it’s super smooth. Scared for the update now…

A few days and watch some YouTube channels to analyse the damage hahaha

But they can log them. X-Plane can, so they can. Would be a tremendous help tackling the problems.

The statement said that right after the release goes live, there will be a Q&A session at 17:00Z

I don’t think there have been any at this time. Mostly they are at 4pm UK time, or around 8am Pacific Time - sometimes 1-2 hours later than that, but never earlier.

1 Like

Of course they can and they do. Sebastian from Asobo talked quite a bit about this topic in the last Q&A. But as said, knowing a bug you can’t fix yourself is not helpful in terms of finding a solution for it. The only thing that happens is that the community gets mad because they think Asobo is unable to fix their bugs but in the end it’s the end user with faulty outdated drivers :rofl:

Are you sure about that? I thought the Q&A will be tomorrow as shown in the announcement thread below:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/read-first-dev-q-a-guidelines-oct-20th/460426

Haha thank you :slight_smile: I actually thought I am unlucky and always receive the updates at a later time.

I thought to have read that too before, but as I was searching for the update time yesterday, I found that statement instead.

17:00Z has been the (official) time of previous updates too but I remember the update dropping on different servers around the world at different times anyway. Probably to ease some of the server traffic.

Well anyway, I’ll be scanning it from 17:00Z onwards. Or you can always turn to this forum and watch all the drama messages hitting the fan from people who didn’t replace their community folder. :wink:

1 Like

As long as I have no further information regarding CTDs and stuff I blame the dev of the software. At the moment they are not able to provide any information about the cause of the problems except the standard-answers from Zendesk and the standard entries in the windows eventlog.

That doesnt help. It doesnt help Asobo, it doesnt help me (as a paying customer that has a faulty software running) and it doesnt help any third party dev or hardware vendor when it comes to finding the cause of the problems.

Easy as that.

And we should not forget that the release was 14 months ago.

that’s what they say recently on the 14th of October, waiting 5pm French time… ?