SU7 Issue with OFFLINE ATC text to speech, Azure online services not affected

Add one more user with the same issue. Was fine until SU7. Azure not affected, just offline TTS.

I get “Could not connect to Azure text to speech” every day around 2000 UTC. Reconnects after a while, though.

That is a different problem.

I have also noticed the ATC translation software not working correctly when offline. It is reading the programmed commands and not translating them to the appropriate ATC directions. In addition, there seems to be occurences with significant repitition of the same command.

I notice this thread is tagged as “feedback-logged”. What exactly does that mean? That it has been reported to Asobo?

Getting a little tired of this bug now.

Please see New Tag System

1 Like

Why isn’t it raised to bug-logged?

Yeah, it’s not exactly difficult to verify

Yeah, I got a pop up message saying “Azure server is offline” or smth. Now the ATC uses 10yo kid’s voices lol

Yeah, I must agree that this bug is great example of why the community is perplexed by Asobo’s lack of quality control. We’re probably going to have to live with this stupid bug for months or longer. Another example just like this, is the drone camera that constantly rolls left super slowly if you move it away from the default position; that was introduced by Asobo after SU5 I think, and still hasn’t been fixed.

I and many others have problems since the last couple of days. Any fix or workaround?

“Microsoft UPS” or similar is one I have heard a few times now. But it doesn’t seem to show in the ATC chat window, and I can’t find it spelled out in the localisation file on disk.

This seems to be a reasonable explanation.:

1 Like

@tamalien Why isn’t this raised to bug-logged?

1 Like

@AviatorDown8227 I saw your previous post asking the same question.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/su7-issue-with-offline-atc-text-to-speech-azure-online-services-not-affected/472045/28

I am not the person to answer that question as I have no role in this process.

So who does?

1 Like

@AviatorDown8227 I believe there has been an update to the descriptions for some of the tags here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/new-tag-system/455953

For the particular issue in this thread, once it gets verified as a “bug”, which understandably will need to be verified internally by MS/Asobo, then I would expect the tag to change for this thread.

I don’t know if that clarifies things any?

2 Likes

Not fixed in 1.23.9.0 Beta, Sad

Not fixed in 1.23.11.0 Beta

Seems that MS/Asobo don’t see this as a bug at the moment then.