SU7 VR comments?

me too, give us a stable mouse and i’m happy.

I’m actually starting to like this update. Yesterday I thought msfs would be grounded for me but then I found out about the toolbar workaround using ctrl-0. So today I spent a few hours trying different settings and found 90/90 with MR on was giving me great results, even flying low over places like London or LA. As a compromise I need to set both LOD to 100 and of course only dx11. Currently I am only flying the Hawk and H145 so smooth low flying is needed.

But so far it seems the weather has improved and I think I am going enjoy the Pilatus hopping around Papua.

Was never interested in controllers so haven’t tested it, happy using the mouse. They have them in dcs but I’ve never bothered but I think that is better implemented. At least your hands are rendered rather than a controller.

2 Likes

It really is. I haven’t simmed in 10 years. Spent well over $5k on a new computer, monitors, VR headset, etc. Was blown away by VR under SU6. Showed my dad and he about had a heart attack. There’s nothing like it. You really feel like you’re in the cockpit. Then SU7, stutter fest, and back to 2D. Oh well, I’m sure Asobo will get it fixed but ■■■■ they should at least give the option to revert back to SU6 until they get this figured out.

4 Likes

I hope the toolbar issue is grounds for a priority hotfix patch soon and not…" suck it up and deal with it until the next SU8":rofl:

The ctrl-0 workaround for the VR toolbar worked for me. Who was the genius who figured that out?

3 Likes

try settings, camera, standard cockpit mode = on. this fixed the toolbar for me.

1 Like

I see no such setting under camera.

Which setting is that, can’t find it

i think it must be home cockpit mode ON. sorry, my language setting is german.

2 Likes

1 Like

Ok, now the only thing to be fixed is the Reverse Thrust and then I think everything is back to “normal”.

When I turn home cockpit mode on, I can’t click on anything in the (virtual) cockpit anymore, unfortunately!

is that control zero or control “O” and what does it do, about to try so i guess ill find out.

What is 90/90 and what vr goggles? 90 oxr? 90oxr would melt my g2 especially with nyc, i cant go above 55 in very heavy areas (and 100 render scale).

EDIT: not sure what control zero or O is supposed to do but made no difference for me

I really like VR controller support.
This is my dream come true, Although I can play with my T16000m&Throttle setting.
With VR controllers I can touch most of the cockpit instruments and this is very intuitive and a new way to play FS2020.

Nice charts and graphs, but i’m curious how are you generating the graphs and doing the tests exactly?

Not entirely related to VR, but is anyone getting an error on launch “we cant sync your data with the cloud right now”? I click continue and then it works, its happened 2 of 4 times launching the sim.

Strange. It works great for me. I just tried it in the C172 Garmin and I was able to use mouse or controller for both the menu bar and the Garmin panel, as well as other switches etc. Still can’t get rid of the yoke though. Hopefully some genius will come up with a workaround for that too.

hide the yoke in 2d before you click over to VR mode.

3 Likes

Thank you, latest genius. :grinning:

I’m also losing the ability to hit escape to get to or out of the main menu at times after being in vr then exiting (or while in vr)