SU8 King Air B350 Update Decreased Realism

Well, I think I used the wrong word thrust here.
Let me rephrase :smiley:. When the propellor blades are feathered they do not generate a force that pulls the aircraft forward when they are rotating. Just as a wing, lift/force forward is only generated within certain range of angle of attack of the propellor blades, called pitch. I was just saying
 of course the parking brake holds the plane when the props are feathered :thinking:
I do hope that Asobo reworks the kingair

That’s the word I would’ve used and I agree with your points.

Curious though. Wasn’t any of the above reported during beta?

To their defence. Seeing the props stop spinning when they are feathered in flight was kind of awesome :grinning:
Rome was not build in one day neither😅

Is it just me or is there an issue with the pro physics as well? I did a flight today (with the JD mod). Taxi, takeoff, climb and descent (to the barber pole) were ok. But on approach, the thing won’t slow down at flight idle!

My understanding is that turboprops like the king air when full prop on approach, a reasonable amount of power is required a d bringing back to flight idle will bleed off the airspeed relatively quick.

1 Like

If you think the King Air is bad, try the PC-6 garmin version. I flew across country at idle and minimum prop RPM. (being sarcastic, but you get the point)

I thought the new prop physics (in SU8?) added prop drag? Or are we waiting on SU9 for further improvements?

Resolved in Sim Update 10: aircraft no longer moves forward when throttle is in idle or ground and condition is at high idle