SU9 and New Separate Nose Wheel Steering Axis for Tiller

For me, the best thing of SU9 is the new feature: nose steering axis.

Just plugged my tiller to a USB port and MSFS recognizes it immediately without any necessary driver, without FSUIPC, SPAD.neXt, Axis and Ohs…

Set up is very simple and then it works straight away fawlessly.

I have not tested my tiller with large airliners (I bought this extra for them), but tried it today with SWS Kodiak 100 and the result was amazing. Taxiing and line up with runway were very easy. By take off, at about 40 kts, it was no longer effective and I switched to rudder pedal to continue to line up with runway centerline. The same for landing, when my aircraft speed reached slower than 40 kts, I used my tiller to control my aircraft exit runway and taxi to ramps.

I am very happy with this new feature! Thank you Asobo Team!

5 Likes

I am just about to try the new native tiller axis. Your review is a positive sign!

p.s.
On a side note…why would you wanna steer Kodiak 100 using the tiller?? :grin:

1 Like

Doesn’t work for me. I can’t steer the F18 on the ground anymore whether I assign the Nose Steering Axis or not.

I thought that it only works for the aircraft are designed with a separate steering axis, like FBW A32NX, PMDG 737… I am not sure if this new feature works as default for all aircraft from Asobo or 3rd-Party.

You don’t need to set the Nose Wheel Steering Axis, at least I haven’t.

I use rudder pedals which obviously work for nose wheel steering on all other aircraft. For the F-18 I’ve mapped to Set Nose Wheel Steering to Limit, this enables/disables the nose wheel steering (only available below a set speed).

So I enable the nose wheel steering with that mapping and steer with the rudder as normal. Then lock the nose wheel steering by disabling the mapping.

Other users have posted this in other threads

Thanks to @xPhoenixDecept
You need to bind a key/button to “SET NOSE WHEEL STEERING TO LIMIT”. The first press will turn on the steering and give an NWS indication in the HUD, subsequent presses will toggle between NWS and NWS HI. Once turned on, the “TOGGLE G LIMITER” command will turn NWS off.

Also make sure you don’t have the Launch Bar extended, the Nose Wheel locks position when that is extended.

1 Like

Works with the stock Cessna 172

What physical controls are people using for a tiller? A joystick?

Hello friends, here is my problem: for a few days my MSFS 2020 simulator has not moved the nose wheels of any aircraft. I already checked the controls and even uninstalled and reinstalled the simulator and nothing.
Please solution.
Thank you

1 Like

Do you have the F-18?

If you do, did you do anything to activate the nose wheel steering for the F-18?

no, I don’t have the F18 installed

I don’t know how really work this thing, i use the Rudder withe the trigger Left and Right of the Xbox controller what should i do with this option?